Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stoddard swap meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
I’m wondering if anybody is going to be going to the Stoddard swap meet coming up? Curious if the trip would be worth it or not. Thinking about going as a vendor...maybe a buyer, spectator...
914forme
Just talking about it today with a visitor. Been a while since I been up to Stoddards so I am thinking about going up as a seller if I have stuff to sell, or maybe a buyer I an looking for a unicorn. Most likely we will hop in the Boxster and run up for the day, and walk the event look at the cars, parts, and hopefully see some people I know. Been so long I think I forgot most peoples faces biggrin.gif

Part I am looking for can be installed in the parking lot in 30 minutes, so will be in the Boxster.

If anyone has a Function Forward Console Raise Kit for a Boxster, PM me, we hopefully can work something out.
SKL1
This is probably the first one since Chuck died. Of course it isn't really the "old" Stoddards anymore.

I remember taking a friend's '71 911 there in 1973 to have him do a quarter panel repair since my friend wouldn't let anyone in Iowa City touch it! Got the cook's tour of the place, and it was considered "meca" back then!!
gereed75
Went to the last two (pre lock down). Maybe this year. Think Hersey x .25. Typically 25 or so vendors

Have always seen some good stuff. Cars are very high quality. Good deals on Stoddard stuff. Garold is usually there.

Worthwhile day for me at less than two hour drive.
Sycolyst
Planning to attend with the teener. Hoping to round up a few others and make the trek east. Always a good show and much to see. Holler at me, I'll be in the signal orange 74.
Dr Evil
Hmmm, maybe. I could use a Porsche break/road trip with family. Have to look up the dates.
930cabman
I am looking forward to being there either June 4 or June 5. Lets hope for a nice weather day
Unobtanium-inc
The Unobtanium crew will be in our usual spot, stop by early for one of our FREE little cars.
reharvey
I'll be selling 914 parts there. I'm cleaning out the garage so there will be lots of 914 stuff. Ray
Unobtanium-inc
The only pic I took at the swap was the calm before the show started. It was an ok swap this year, not heavily attended and most of the vendors were known folks. Had a great time catching up with folks and the weather was great, but the buying wasn't very good. I did get rid of everything we brought, but it was all FREE so that wasn't too hard. See everyone at Roundtop!

I did pick up a purple people eater after the swap, so not a bad trip overall.
Sycolyst
914's were well represented. Click to view attachment
SKL1
For those who did go, where was this located with respect to the original Stoddard dealership in Willoughby? (and does the original building even still exist?)
Mikey914
It was at Stoddard's warehouse
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.