Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Seal Install Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Spent the day putting in the 914 Rubber Main Targa Seal - not a great result and I'm sure it's something I did/didn't do but i can't figure out what it would be.

Watched the video, read a lot - and since it was raining I thought it would be the perfect day to dedicate.

Pulled the old seal, trimmed the tabs off the A-pillar trim and thought I had trimmed enough - perhaps not.

See pics - I didn't want to trim it all/too much but maybe i just plain didn't get enough of it. Got the screw in fine as well.

Thoughts/input?

At this point, I've taken it all out. Seal is in fine shape and i'm ready for a 2nd attempt...

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=793
879]
DRPHIL914
there is a metal tab that should be slid into that piece and screws to the frame of the car, it looks like that must be bent or not in proper position to hold that up in the proper position. thats my guess
FlacaProductions
I'll take another look. It appeared the tab was too long - as was suggested in the video so I trimmed it back. I must not have the tab in the right position in the seal.

I got the screw in so it's close but...
Mikey914
Looks like it's about 1/8" from being fully installed.
BuddyV
I just did this same upgrade.

Call me if you want some pointers..... I bet I can explain to you how to fix, as well as how to slide the rubber back down the track (somehwhat) easily.

Robert (707) 888-1857
FlacaProductions
Greetings all - thanks for the input and offers of assistance. it's amazing how much experience you gain just by doing something for the second time.

After re-watching the end of the video that Mark did, I took notice of re-seating the corner block after the channel is in. That was very helpful - along with his suggestion to trim even more of the thin horizontal piece from the trim. That seemed to do it. Pretty happy with the way things sit but will need to do a little window adjustment due to the physical larger size of the new/non-shrunken seal and Ian Karr's window-install video gives good guidance to all the adjustment options on the windows. All good...or good-adjacent, anyway. I can see the finish line from here.

thanks!
Mikey914
It's amazing how much rubber actually shrinks over time. Glad to hear you got it squared away beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.