Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Go To adhesive for Dynamat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
Ok guys, what is the best way to hold the dynamat in place?

thanks
drem914
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ May 19 2021, 04:03 PM) *

Ok guys, what is the best way to hold the dynamat in place?

thanks

Doesn't it already come with one side with adhesive?
ConeDodger
It is peel and stick. So that would be my go to... biggrin.gif
Olympic 914
When I installed it. it was cold out and I had a kerosene heater running in the garage. I would wave the pieces over the heater for a couple moments before putting it in place. it made it more flexible and stickier.

Calwaterbear
Duh - sorry guys. I'm actually running Killmat, but i hadn't opened the package yet. I would like to think I would have eventfully figured it out, but who knows? thanks for the help!
VaccaRabite
I think all of these products have adhesive applied to them. And its REALLY sticky stuff too. I have not read anything that does not have an adhesive backing already applied.

Zach
Root_Werks
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ May 20 2021, 05:43 AM) *

I think all of these products have adhesive applied to them. And its REALLY sticky stuff too. I have not read anything that does not have an adhesive backing already applied.

Zach

agree.gif

Had to remove some on the firewall to patch a rust spot. Stuff sticks on there! Oh, and don't accidentally hit it with a wire wheel. Oye, that makes a mess!
Superhawk996
Let's be clear about what the product is.

It is a layer of butyl with a layer of aluminum foil on top that creates a constrained damping layer.

The butyl itself is tacky, sticky, whatever you want to call it. The butyl adheres itself to the sheetmetal. The butyl layer is what converts vibration energy into heat energy that is dissipated within the butyl and the foil layer.

There is no "adhesive" involved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.