Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Tank fittings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Tank is pulled and waiting for a set of SS lines from Tangerine Racing.

Since I'm running a 2.7 with CIS, I have that large inlet on the fuel pump (think 1/2"). PO used an adapter to upsize from the roughly 3/8"-1/2".

It's what I've done in the past myself and seems to be fine for a 170HP engine.

Anyone know of a fitting I can put directly to the tank that's 1/2"?

Would be nice to have that "garden" size hose supplying directly from the tank to the pump.

Checkec TR's site, didn't see anything.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 20 2021, 12:56 PM) *

Tank is pulled and waiting for a set of SS lines from Tangerine Racing.

Since I'm running a 2.7 with CIS, I have that large inlet on the fuel pump (think 1/2"). PO used an adapter to upsize from the roughly 3/8"-1/2".

It's what I've done in the past myself and seems to be fine for a 170HP engine.

Anyone know of a fitting I can put directly to the tank that's 1/2"?

Would be nice to have that "garden" size hose supplying directly from the tank to the pump.

Checkec TR's site, didn't see anything.

You can tap the inside threaded nipple of the tank to 1/4 pipe thread. You can install a AN fitting into it. Going to a larger fitting is only one item in the whole delivery system and will not gain anything.
wonkipop
makes sense.

yes, all pumps are weak on suction, strong on pressure side.
the bigger the gravity feed the better, esp if you can fire it into a beast.

i noticed an interesting detail rebuilding the late bosch pump on my 1.8.
earlier wimp 4 cylinder cars had the bigger feed line that matched the bigger feed port on earlier pumps.
in 1.8 (with 009 pump) they shrank the feed port but left the fuel line big same as earlier cars. worked out the pump sucked enough anyway and why not give it as much as it could take.
ie - they were oversizing the feed line to the pump by 74 on the wimp engine.
go big for sure.
Root_Werks
Exactly, there's a reason Porsche has a 11mm inlet on a flat 6 2.7 CIS fuel pump. Would be nice to match that 11mm size from tank to pump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.