Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GB - ULTIMATE airbox rebuild kit ! (think of a lot of small GBs)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
So, as you may or may not be aware we have been making a foam seal replacement "kit" for some time. We have stepped up the items This kind of like the headlight rebuild kit we made. If we make it a complete package it will have a lot of parts and many may not need or want everything. This is why we will break it down into several group buys that you will be able to get all at once. As you can imagine there are lots of moving parts to doing this (pun intended) so I will put these into a bunch of GB's

I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to put this into bite sized pieces but yet offer all of it up at once. Basically it's the backend of the accounting and website function that's an issue because of what we are running.

So my game plan is post up all the items here over the next 5-7 days and if you are even interested in anything here I'll hit everyone up with the complete book of discount codes you you can buy just one small think or a complete package.

I'll start with the base seal kit it covers the flapper seals and the housing seals as well as the top seal that has the grill or not. We are adding the hardware for the flaps to the kit.

We also now have the fan seal that we made in silicone. It's pretty awesome in that it holds the fan securely and will not degrade like the factory one did.

So in short lots of new stuff at great prices organizing all this is half the battle

We have the Omega clips used to close the airbox top, the Clips used on closing the defrosters and the 2 halves as well as new bowden cables and the hardware to secure them.
More pics to follow.
Root_Werks
Oh snap, what good timing! My box is out to paint the 914 and this will hit the ticket!
Mikey914
More Pictures of the bowden cables, attachment screws with hardware and the blower motor seal

Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
piratenanner.gif

Been waiting for this one
Lg914
I’ll be in for probably all of this. Thanks for your continuing support.
JoeD
Mark I'm down for two kits.

Joe
TRS63
I am following as I will surely need the whole kit.. Nothing done there since 1974 on mine rolleyes.gif

Antoine
TonyA
Whole kit pleaser
mepstein
I'll take a kit please
Rob914
One kit please.
DC_neun_vierzehn
Depending upon pricing ... I could be down for a whole kit.
Mikey914
The reason this one is taking some time as it will have about 8 different items that if you buy all together will make the most complete kit, but you will have the option of just buying clips, or other items at a discount.

More pics on Monday of new items
dlee6204
In
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 21 2021, 04:24 PM) *

So, as you may or may not be aware we have been making a foam seal replacement "kit" for some time. We have stepped up the items This kind of like the headlight rebuild kit we made. If we make it a complete package it will have a lot of parts and many may not need or want everything. This is why we will break it down into several group buys that you will be able to get all at once. As you can imagine there are lots of moving parts to doing this (pun intended) so I will put these into a bunch of GB's

I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to put this into bite sized pieces but yet offer all of it up at once. Basically it's the backend of the accounting and website function that's an issue because of what we are running.

So my game plan is post up all the items here over the next 5-7 days and if you are even interested in anything here I'll hit everyone up with the complete book of discount codes you you can buy just one small think or a complete package.

I'll start with the base seal kit it covers the flapper seals and the housing seals as well as the top seal that has the grill or not. We are adding the hardware for the flaps to the kit.

We also now have the fan seal that we made in silicone. It's pretty awesome in that it holds the fan securely and will not degrade like the factory one did.

So in short lots of new stuff at great prices organizing all this is half the battle

We have the Omega clips used to close the airbox top, the Clips used on closing the defrosters and the 2 halves as well as new bowden cables and the hardware to secure them.
More pics to follow.

icon_bump.gif
@Mikey914

for everyone that is looking at doing this, consider a couple things before re-installing your box. The box shown in the picture is mine after i rebuilt it - Mark, you can link the thread that @Superhawk996 and I did testing and rebuilding the box, testing the resistor pack, and making sure the fan motor is up to the task.
My first suggestion would be to pony up for the $90 and get the URO fan motor assembly and put in a new fan and motor. I tested out 4 units, only one had a bad resistor pack, it was the fan motor bearings dragging that were causing most of the issues. I tested all of mine with old fan, new fan, resistors etc. and i was able to verify i have 2 good sets of resistors, but make sure you test the resistors with out the motor. Any questions about that proceedure , PM Superhawk996, and check out that thread.
Also, thanks Mark for providing these kits and for allowing me to have the first prototypes so we could test it out and rebuild the box, i can tell you the judges at Amelia were impressed with the fact that i had an air box that not only looked new but works like new, and i could not have done that without the new seals and clips you have made, ESPESCIALLY the fan seal no one else makes, and the original ones are all rotten!! BUT guys, dont put a 45 year old fan back in your cars.

Any qyestions about this PM me. I have rebuilt and restored several of these now, if anyone wants theirs done i will do it for you too, but its not too hard.

again, Thanks Mark!

Dr. Phil.

Niklas
I want a complete set also for my all original 1971.
DRPHIL914
I am going to rebuild 2 more boxes as i have 2 sets of good resistors , so i will need a partial kit with new fan seal and hardware clips but not the cables. That silicone fan seal is really nice, that seal as mark said is in bad shape on every fan box i have taken apart.

- 2 silicone fan seals and hardware for sure.

Phil
76-914
Don't forget that @iankarr has a video that will greatly assist those that haven't experienced removing & re-installing the air box aka "The 7th Ring of Hell". happy11.gif
Can-Am
I'll be in for this as well, Thanks.
Mitox
I’m in for a full kit.

Thanks, this is perfect.
eric914
I'm in. one of the last major things I need to tackle.
ClayPerrine
I need two kits.

Clay
frostyf
Please count me in form some/all.

Nick
jsaum
I'll take one kit.
Thanks,
Jsaum
porbmw
Hi Mark
Look great
TWO kits, please
Thanks
Paul
theer
I'll take one kit, please
Mikey914
Got a few more goodies were working on more pics soon

I'll be sending out the GB PM late next week after I get the pics up.

Mark
Mikey914
A little late, but most if the hardware, only a few more items to finish up on.
Mikey914
The kit is becoming more complete almost there. Will start sending out the info next week.
ClayPerrine
IPB Image
914e
Yep, I need all those parts.
mate914
I’ll take two please.
Matt
saladin
Hello Mark,

Please sign me up for one kit.

Thanks,

Ken
808 WRX
I'm interested in a set.
Blake914Rubber
Hello All,
This is my first post on here, for those who don't know me I have been with 914Rubber for over 7 years now and recently joined the forum. I just sent out the Groupbuy codes to everyone who requested one in this thread, please check your PM's for a message from me.
-Blake
mepstein
QUOTE(Blake914Rubber @ Jun 18 2021, 04:52 PM) *

Hello All,
This is my first post on here, for those who don't know me I have been with 914Rubber for over 7 years now and recently joined the forum. I just sent out the Groupbuy codes to everyone who requested one in this thread, please check your PM's for a message from me.
-Blake

beerchug.gif & welcome.png
mepstein

Hello All,
-Blake

Blake914Rubber
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 18 2021, 01:54 PM) *

Hello All,
-Blake

Thanks Mark, I see a lot of familiar names on here and it's nice to finally interact with people.
IronHillRestorations
I want a kit for the 914-6 project I'm doing
JmuRiz
What the heck, I’m in...
Blake914Rubber
Codes have been sent to both of you
Mikey914
Closing out the GB on these Sunday at midnight
JeffBowlsby
What is everthing in the kit and its cost?
pilothyer
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 23 2021, 12:14 PM) *

What is everthing in the kit and its cost?

I'm interested in this as well, maybe 2 kits.
maf914
I am in for one kit Mark. Thank you.
bob164
I'm in for two kits Mark.
bob164
I'm in for two kits Mark.
Blake914Rubber
I have sent codes to all who have asked. Let me clarify how the prices work on this GB.

To start, you must select either the Early or Late Air Inlet seal kit and use it's respective discount code.

Early Air Inlet Kit
Retail Price: $24.00
GB Price: $19.99

Late Air Inlet Kit
Retail Price: $39.00
GB Price: $29.99

After you have one of these kits in your cart you can add other items from the Group Buy category which will automatically be discounted. The price change will be reflected at checkout or when you go to edit your cart. The link to this category is included in the PM.

Here is a list of the available items and their price in the GB.

911 & 914 Airbox Motor Seal
Retail Price: $22.00
GB Price: $12.00

Heater Lever Clamping Screw with Hardware
Retail Price: $8.00
GB Price: $4.00

Airbox Hardware Kit
Retail Price: $9.99
GB Price: $4.99

Air Flapper Hardware Kit
Retail Price: $4.99
GB Price: $2.49

Defroster Bowden Cable
Retail Price: $12.00
GB Price: $6.00

Bowden Cable Set for Climate Control Adjuster
Retail Price: $29.99
GB Price: $14.99

Rubber Sleeve for Bowden Cables
Retail Price: $9.00
GB Price: $4.50

Omega Airbox Clip
Retail Price: $8.00
GB Price: $4.00

Airbox C Clip
Retail Price: $1.20
GB Price: $0.60

Air Box Hose from Central Air Blower in Front Trunk to Mixing Boxes
Retail Price: $28.50
GB Price: $14.25

Air Box Water Drain Hose Kit
Retail Price: $18.00
GB Price: $9.00

Rain Tray Water Drain Hose Kit
Retail Price: $16.80
GB Price: $8.40

Black Climate Control Knob
Retail Price $6.67
GB Price: $3.99

Red Climate Control Knob
Retail Price: $6.67
GB Price: $4.99
gord
Wow, can’t believe I missed this entire thread until now (the final day of the GB?).

I’m in for two kits please!
PaulFV8
Please send me the code. Thanks
DEC
need a code smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.