Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion 2021- Amelia Island - Dr. Phil a winner!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Phil...give us the details and show us those car and ribbon pictures. Don't make me post them for you! smile.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 21 2021, 08:20 PM) *

Phil...give us the details and show us those car and ribbon pictures. Don't make me post them for you! smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
pretty cool to be on a podium and be in such great company- also Mike took 2nd in his ‘72 and got a 2nd in the youth voting !!!!! the Haggerty youth judging selected 3 cars from 10, his was the only 914, but he was competing against GT3rs’s and 356’s and 928’s and the kids love it!! i did that last year too.
here is a pic of my car on podium getting trophy.
DRPHIL914
Mike with his ‘72
DRPHIL914
and this beautiful LE Rick from RIX914PARTS.com was there too, super clean car and the Sonoco car
Cairo94507
Wow Wow Wow! Congratulations guys. Some great looking cars and looks like a well attended, fun event. beerchug.gif beer3.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 22 2021, 09:11 AM) *

Wow Wow Wow! Congratulations guys. Some great looking cars and looks like a well attended, fun event. beerchug.gif beer3.gif

the past 2 years there have been some beautiful professional 914 builds like singer or Gaswerks in NJ, and a shop somewhere in the midwest , and those were not there this year , but still some beautiful cars indeed!
i spent a lot of time cleaning up lots of small issues that i think were fine for a driver or local show but not for these events.
but the ski rack and surf board were such a huge hit
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
I'll start another thread about the 916 test mule. biggrin.gif
southernmost914
first.gif smilie_pokal.gif to Dr,Phil and Mike. here are some shots of the Coral
Click to view attachment
southernmost914
Click to view attachment
rjames
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 22 2021, 12:23 PM) *

Simply stunning!!
jim_hoyland
beerchug.gif congrats Phil; Your car is fantastic first.gif

Great 914 turnout too….
MM1
Congrats @DRPHIL914 - excellent color and presentation!

Congrats as well to Mike and all the 'Teeners that made the show!

smilie_pokal.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(MM1 @ May 22 2021, 08:25 PM) *

Congrats @DRPHIL914 - excellent color and presentation!

Congrats as well to Mike and all the 'Teeners that made the show!

smilie_pokal.gif

thanks!!
9146GUY
OK so I wasn't in the 914 class but I was there.
Post show info coming

Click to view attachment
Morph914
Congrats Phil! To win first place at an event of this caliber is very impressive first.gif The car looks great. I was not able to complete mine due to electrical gremlins.
Oh by the way, we’re you able to get the oil leak fixed?

Cheers,
John
Dion
Absolutely awesome. Congrats fellas, way to represent! smilie_pokal.gif Looks like a great turnout.
URY914
Click to view attachment
saigon71
Congrats Phil & Mike first.gif Your cars look amazing!
Superhawk996
Congratuations. piratenanner.gif

Probably was the hand polished airbox that put you over the top and onto podium. wub.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Morph914 @ May 22 2021, 09:59 PM) *

Congrats Phil! To win first place at an event of this caliber is very impressive first.gif The car looks great. I was not able to complete mine due to electrical gremlins.
Oh by the way, we’re you able to get the oil leak fixed?

Cheers,
John

actually, yes i fixed the leak- loose oil pump bolt- began to he. a miss so i trailered the car down to Amelia, able to get it there but took it back friday night and been troubleshooting since- #3 cylinder is dead, 0 compression- must be open valve, can’t see for sure but the top of piston looks ok,
ruled out rocker stud, valve spring , etc look ok. so maybe bent or broken valve,
won’t know until i pull the motor.

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 23 2021, 10:47 AM) *

Probably was the hand polished airbox that put you over the top and onto podium. wub.gif

@Superhawk996

lol yea that and the. ski rack and surf board they loved that!!!
gereed75
Way to go Dr Phil. Car looks fantastic. The presentation is really cool also.

Way to represent the World. Good luck with the compression issue. Here’s to hoping for the minimal effort fix.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(9146GUY @ May 22 2021, 08:57 PM) *

Post show info coming

Click to view attachment

Wow ! Love this white car.
Fixed roof ?
More info please.
Olympic 914
Congrats Dr. Phil first.gif

Car looks beautiful, as usual.

Hope the compression issue is easily fixed.

horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(9146GUY @ May 22 2021, 05:57 PM) *

Post show info coming

Click to view attachment

Car looks fabulous. chowtime.gif
horizontally-opposed
Congrats to Phil and Mike—and thanks to Bill for the heads up and pics!

Nice to see 914s so well represented! beerchug.gif
URY914
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Congrats Dr. Phil on your Werkes P1...car is tight first.gif
I've been keen on copper color since owning an '80 vW Rabbit pick/up (copper metalic), and seeing these 914s around here @DRPHIL914 @jim_hoyland I just had to update our '07 MK5 driver !¡
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
wonkipop
beerchug.gif congrats on the wins - gold. beautiful cars.

916 mule appearance a bonus. blink.gif

haul
congratulations for the win…smile.gif
very happy for you and your car to have received the honor to get awarded with the first prize…smile.gif

br
stay safe&healthy

haul
Al Meredith
Phil, now I know why you have been spending so much time on your car lately. Looks great , As someone who grew up and went to College on the Jersey Shore I dig the board. Instead of DR Phil can I call you surfer dude now. AL
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Dion @ May 22 2021, 07:07 PM) *

Absolutely awesome. Congrats fellas, way to represent! smilie_pokal.gif Looks like a great turnout.

agree.gif w/ Dion

"Congrats fellas, way to represent"

Very well deserved!!!!

Wished I could have been there.

OH, and that white 914-6 blink.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

O

914_teener
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 23 2021, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 23 2021, 10:47 AM) *

@Superhawk996

lol yea that and the. ski rack and surf board they loved that!!!

Congrats Phil.

As Hoyland knows......the board is on backwards. Maybe only on the Copper Metalic Teeners it goes that way?

Beautiful car and glad you entered it there.
maf914
Here are a few more photos of the 914-6 Test Mule.
maf914
Here are a few photos of a white 914-6 GT.
maf914
And a few of Dr. Phil's very nice 914.

maf914
Just before it started to rain.

9146GUY
Mike....nice shots of all the 914's at Werks.

We just got back to Ohio yesterday afternoon and haven't had time to post anything about the Mule. Your photos show just about everything on the car worth showing. All angles are covered.

We felt a bit out place in the class we were in but we managed a second to a very nice 356 Outlaw, but we just wanted the car to be seen. Actually, Werks was the first time the 914-6 Mule was seen by anyone, ever.

The car has a very interesting history and the upcoming article in Pano will really explain the car. BTW, the car had never been wet in 30 years until the rain shower at the show.

Click to view attachment

Engine is a short stoke 2.4 S with 2.2 S injection stacks

As I said, the car will be featured in an article in Pano in the next few months. The article has been written for several months and the photo shoot was delayed when Werks was moved from March to May. We did the photo shoot Thursday morning.

The car was a test vehicle at Porsche and as such has a few things a bit different than normal. The front suspension is one example. The article will show the 7 inch longer torsion bar set up on the front of the car for example. I have email conversations with the Porsche engineer in charge of the suspension work and he remembers the car quite well. He in fact was the second owner of the car as he bought it from Porsche after the test program was completed.

Click to view attachment

Another difference is a lever under the steering column that allows the steering wheel and column to be moved up and down. Nice for big guys like me.....LOL
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(9146GUY @ May 26 2021, 02:50 PM) *

Mike....nice shots of all the 914's at Werks.

We just got back to Ohio yesterday afternoon and haven't had time to post anything about the Mule. Your photos show just about everything on the car worth showing. All angles are covered.

We felt a bit out place in the class we were in but we managed a second to a very nice 356 Outlaw, but we just wanted the car to be seen. Actually, Werks was the first time the 914-6 Mule was seen by anyone, ever.

The car has a very interesting history and the upcoming article in Pano will really explain the car. BTW, the car had never been wet in 30 years until the rain shower at the show.

Click to view attachment

Engine is a short stoke 2.4 S with 2.2 S injection stacks

As I said, the car will be featured in an article in Pano in the next few months. The article has been written for several months and the photo shoot was delayed when Werks was moved from March to May. We did the photo shoot Thursday morning.

The car was a test vehicle at Porsche and as such has a few things a bit different than normal. The front suspension is one example. The article will show the 7 inch longer torsion bar set up on the front of the car for example. I have email conversations with the Porsche engineer in charge of the suspension work and he remembers the car quite well. He in fact was the second owner of the car as he bought it from Porsche after the test program was completed.

Click to view attachment

Another difference is a lever under the steering column that allows the steering wheel and column to be moved up and down. Nice for big guys like me.....LOL

hey i just wanted to say it was so great to see this car and get to meet you at Werks. such a great car with great history, could ans should have been first in that class, as nice as that 356 was. so thanks for showing it and having documented it’s history! i hope to see it again and see you again when i get mine back in the road and the motor issue is sorted out.

Phil
@9146GUY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.