Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zenith 6 cylinder carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
Zenith carbs for six cylinder engine. Carbs look to be in good condition without any play on the throttle shafts. Includes manifolds. $1,195 + ship. Email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net to purchase.
mb911
Looks like the updates were done to these and likely are modded for a larger engine then stock. Motor meister use to do a bunch of these. I had the same thing on my last 6 and they worked well
mepstein
Price reduced to $995
mepstein
sold
mepstein
I have another set. $895 + ship.
HIPPIEKILLER
Why are these a third of the price of Webers?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Jun 22 2021, 05:55 PM) *

@hippiekiller

1. Because they aren’t Webers
2. Parts not as widely available as Weber parts but not a show stopper
3. Other nuances - tuneability, early fuel enrichment circuit, not as suitable to big bores, etc.

Still decent carbs that were supplied on lots of 911’s and were spec’d by Porsche.

I’ve contemplated them for my 2.4l build but I still really want ITBs and EFI. I’m no Zenith expert but this is what I’ve found doing some research on them.
mb911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jun 22 2021, 02:32 PM) *

QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Jun 22 2021, 05:55 PM) *

@hippiekiller

1. Because they aren’t Webers
2. Parts not as widely available as Weber parts but not a show stopper
3. Other nuances - tuneability, early fuel enrichment circuit, not as suitable to big bores, etc.

Still decent carbs that were supplied on lots of 911’s and were spec’d by Porsche.

I’ve contemplated them for my 2.4l build but I still really want ITBs and EFI. I’m no Zenith expert but this is what I’ve found doing some research on them.

Have you seen the guy with the Holly sniper EFI on cis intakes? I am contemplating that setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.