Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Barn Find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pvollma
Click to view attachment
jvmarino
Not sure if everyone will get this joke, but as someone in the construction business (and aware of the current state of lumber price increases), I thought it was hilarious.
SirAndy
And posted at 9:14am no less ...
w00t.gif
914e
I have few sheets of vintage OSB and a sheet 3/4" OSB tongue and groove underlayment stored and aged indoors, it looks like the day it was delivered from the lumber yard.

I'm willing to trade for a good condition 911 or XKE.

After seeing the price of lumber this weekend at Home Depot, I have the kids wear white gloves and gently set any old lumber on mats so we don't scratch it.
windforfun
Perfect for rust repair. I'd go with the blue bugle head screws. Maybe 1" long #10 exterior flat heads.
Unobtanium-inc
It's no joke, we re-floored the porch at the lake shack last week, OSB that is normally $12-15 a sheet, was $42!!!
Maltese Falcon
GoodWood
euro911
QUOTE(pvollma @ May 24 2021, 10:44 AM) *

laugh.gif

I'll have to wait for the lumber crisis to wane before I can start building the proposed music studio up in the loft sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

Click to view attachment

dry.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 24 2021, 05:23 PM) *

laugh.gif

I'll have to wait for the lumber crisis to wane before I can start building the proposed music studio up in the loft sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

dry.gif

A friend of mine is in the same boat but worse. He sold his condo about a year ago, found some land, built a pole barn, bought a travel trailer to live in temp, and planned to start building last month. His builder had bad news, more money, or smaller house.
bkrantz
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 24 2021, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ May 24 2021, 05:23 PM) *

laugh.gif

dry.gif

A friend of mine is in the same boat but worse. He sold his condo about a year ago, found some land, built a pole barn, bought a travel trailer to live in temp, and planned to start building last month. His builder had bad news, more money, or smaller house.

Might be time to learn adobe.
914e
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 24 2021, 06:23 PM) *

laugh.gif

dry.gif

I was going to say save some money and use steel studs which give a little better isolation anyway, but they are now just as expensive.
ClayPerrine
The price of lumber is so high right now I am thinking of parting out my house!

(Blatantly stolen from a sandbox post....)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.