914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Medtner3
Would like to buy a new Starter solenoid Bosch for 1974 2.0L

Anyone have one?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ May 24 2021, 02:24 PM) *

Anyone have one?

Are you looking for the solinoid that mounts to the syaryer?
Or the add on one that is often used?
Bosch starter solinoids have a bad reputation. The starter rebuilder i use has better ones. I can see if he will sell one.
Medtner3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 24 2021, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Medtner3 @ May 24 2021, 02:24 PM) *

Anyone have one?

Are you looking for the solinoid that mounts to the syaryer?
Or the add on one that is often used?
Bosch starter solinoids have a bad reputation. The starter rebuilder i use has better ones. I can see if he will sell one.

I would like to know if he has one. The Bosch one that I have looks like it lasted 47 years though and I try to keep the car as original as I can
brant
I bought a replacement original solenoid for a hot start condition about 15 years ago
it lasted all of 3 months.
was extremely difficult to find at the time
and I had to pay about the same for the special order, as a starter would have cost...

did not solve my problem
a high torque starter did though....

brant
Medtner3
QUOTE(brant @ May 25 2021, 01:46 PM) *

I bought a replacement original solenoid for a hot start condition about 15 years ago
and I had to pay about the same for the special order, as a starter would have cost...

did not solve my problem

brant

My car has never had a hot start issue. I have a bad solenoid fairly certain of that. Is your Porsche original fuel-injection and did it have original Bosch starter?
brant
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ May 25 2021, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ May 25 2021, 01:46 PM) *

did not solve my problem

brant

My car has never had a hot start issue. I have a bad solenoid fairly certain of that. Is your Porsche original fuel-injection and did it have original Bosch starter?

yes... it did have the original starter back then
the high torque that replaced it has been on the car for a while now
still factory Djet fuel injection

I actually have high torque starters on both of my 914's currently... one on the -4 and one on the -6

the other common issue is the actual starter switch
if your solenoid is acting up regardless of the temperature... it could be either really.

brant
FJ1200
Google the number on the solenoid itself. Mine failed last fall, when I googled it I found a guy on thesamba that had about a dozen NOS Bosch units. Grabbed one at a great price and all is well. He may/may not have more listed.

Dan
Medtner3
QUOTE(FJ1200 @ May 25 2021, 04:42 PM) *

Google the number on the solenoid itself. Mine failed last fall, when I googled it I found a guy on thesamba that had about a dozen NOS Bosch units. Grabbed one at a great price and all is well. He may/may not have more listed.

Dan

Bosch solenoid: 0331302032 do you still have the guys contact in the Samba I'm not coming up with anything
FJ1200
I just went on thesamba. Search in classifieds all under 0 331 302 032. He still shows the same box of them from last fall. $38.00

Good luck

Dan

p.s classifieds -> parts -> general parts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.