Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Never Fails to Amaze Me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beach914
Click to view attachment
Retroracer
maybe the "t" on his keyboard was broken - "not trust" is what he was going for...?

- Tony
JamesM
lol... well its not the color of rust anyways
Shivers
"Rust?!? No, those are weep holes."
SirAndy
QUOTE(Shivers @ May 25 2021, 12:40 PM) *
those are weep holes

I actually did just that after i replaced the rear trunk floor in mine, added 3 weep holes along the rear edge. So far, so good.
shades.gif

73-914
rot holes aren't 'Identified" as rust anymore
mepstein
And yet people still buy cars without seeing them in person and trust the seller when they say "no rust" & "ran when parked". The current crop of buyers think because it's advertised on BAT, it must be good.
MCShack
I asked that question on a similar car ad that clearly showed lots of rust underneath in the pictures. The response was "there is no rust on the body as you can see in the pictures" and I asked about the bubbles at the bottom of the sails and back of trunk all of which they had painted over or rust formed after they painted without proper preparation. Response was "are you going to buy the car or just keep asking questions?" I did not reply.
930cabman
It should go without saying:

Buyer Beware, DO NOT allow your emotions to take over.

Sounds good, but how does that work with us addicts?
Front yard mechanic
Maybe the typo added an extra 0 should be 1290.00
Beach914
Looked at a 74 Alfa GTV the other day. Ad stated body needed new paint and interior was very clean. When I drove up I could immediately see that the car had an aftermarket sunroof added, and not a nice one. Deal breaker for me on a car asking $34k+. Owner came out and I looked inside the vehicle since I was there. Headliner messed up because of the added sunroof and scabbed in wiring under the dash visible when I squatted down to dash level.
Got up went over shook his hand, said I would pass, and good luck with your sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.