Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I find this throwout-release bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I can't seem to find what kind of release bearing I have been using, no numbers on it pictured next to the stock one.
iamchappy
Side view
iamchappy
Back
iamchappy
Another side
Mark Henry
I can't help with what it is, but it's not VW bug or bus or -70's 911.
iamchappy
You can see how much heavier duty it is and can feel the weight, bearing ring is flat and wider than the stock one.
Krieger
I can help with a little information that may or may not be helpful. I've had one of those throw out bearings in my 3.0 914 for years. I bought it about 12 years ago from Kennedy Engineering Products as part of conversion kit for a stock 3.0 flywheel to 901 setup. I bought a new pressure plate/disc and to bearing from them earlier this year. The new TO bearing looks just like your other bearing. I am happier with the new one because it is thinner than old one by a few mm. I did a little comparision. I can't remember how much, but it puts the release lever arm in a better position now. Before the release arm was against the engine mount bolt and made it difficult to install the engine mount bolt. There is no difference in clutch operation with the new one. Another advantage with the new TO bearing (this may be why it's lighter too) is that the center of the bearing is aluminium vs steel. The guide sleeve on the transmission is steel. I believe the softer aluminum will wear before the guide tube ($80) does.
iamchappy
That is great information I may have received it from Kennedy also when I purchased the stage 2 clutch pressure plate kit to mount to my 3.0 I dug up the order sheet but it only said kit not the separate items. Good I can replace with a new stock one.
Chris914n6
ditto on the kennedy hd clutch conversion kit.
IronHillRestorations
+1 on Kennedy
burton73
Hi Chappy,

This is a picture of the clutch set up for my 1977 930 4 speed trans that is flipped and modified with oiling and LSD.

The guy I bought it from said it will work great up to 650-foot pound torque but I have not run it yet but he got it all from KEP. The trans is set up with a hydraulic clutch I got the set up from Ian (Army dude) on world 12 years ago. Do not know if this helps. I can get a picture with out the Polly bag if that would help you. I have been thinking of putting in a 6 turbo and passing on the V8

Best to you,

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
Just in case you wanted to see the flipped race mod early short turbo 930 trans with hydraulic clutch

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.