rfinegan
MadDog is great and his products are great too
mgarrison
agree.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(Jett @ May 27 2021, 09:14 AM) *

Thanks, just bought an OEM 6 mount.

Great deal!

You will not be dis appointed. Dave is a great guy and puts out a great product.
RFoulds
good deal. Just ordered dead pedal and passenger side footboard
Jett
QUOTE(930cabman @ May 27 2021, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ May 27 2021, 09:14 AM) *

Thanks, just bought an OEM 6 mount.

Great deal!

You will not be dis appointed. Dave is a great guy and puts out a great product.

Thanks SuperHawk996 pointed me in the right direction smile.gif
wes
Just had to have more garage bling!Click to view attachment
OrangeBones
Same but mine is going on the back in place of the 914 badge somehow....
jim_hoyland
Tried to submit an order but I didn’t see where the Memorial15 discount code could be entered ?
jim_hoyland
OK;problem was something abouttheiPhone; sentorderfrom desktop. and I went through ...?
HIPPIEKILLER
What is the driving factor to choose between an OEM 6 cil replica engine mount and a 6 cil bulkhead motor mount?

https://maddogsmotorsports.com/shop/ols/pro...ica-motor-mount

https://maddogsmotorsports.com/shop/ols/pro...ead-motor-mount

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(wes @ May 28 2021, 11:04 AM) *

Just had to have more garage bling!Click to view attachment

Cool smile.gif
maddog
Hippie,

Hopefully a couple other guys will chime in here. I feel the biggest difference is the OEM replica is just that, its basically giving you an affordable mount that is really close to the looks or an original six mount.

Dave

QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ May 30 2021, 06:57 PM) *

What is the driving factor to choose between an OEM 6 cil replica engine mount and a 6 cil bulkhead motor mount?

https://maddogsmotorsports.com/shop/ols/pro...ica-motor-mount

https://maddogsmotorsports.com/shop/ols/pro...ead-motor-mount

Steve
I know others will disagree, but the 911 has two mounts, the 914-6 mount has one. Personally I would not trust a single mount with a large motor. Plus the sport mounts are pretty cheap versus the single six mount. The bulk head mount which is a copy of the rich Johnson mount, which is a copy of the vellios mount is track proven with large motors.
PaulFV8
I just ordered the original mount for a 2.7, probably a year before it’s running but I’ll let you know then. LOL.

Did the factory race cars use the single mount? What HP numbers did they generate?
Steve
QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Jun 2 2021, 05:36 AM) *

I just ordered the original mount for a 2.7, probably a year before it’s running but I’ll let you know then. LOL.

Did the factory race cars use the single mount? What HP numbers did they generate?

You should be fine. Yes, the factory 914-6GT race cars used a single mount. The factory 914-6GT 2.0 motors produced 220hp, don't know what the torque was. The factory did put extra braces on the mount and extra welds. The 914-8 and 908 also used a single front mount. Also Brutus the 916 had a single 914-6 front mount and had a 2.9 liter motor in it. When I installed my bulk head mount in 2000, it was the only thing available. I ran a 2.7, 3.2 and now I am installing a 3.6 with it. Patrick motor sports also uses two mounts spread apart with his big six conversions.
Now that the single mount is readily available and URO makes a six mount for it, we will see how it holds up over time and on the track.

mepstein
I believe the Brutus motor is a 325hp RSR engine.
Steve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 2 2021, 07:54 AM) *

I believe the Brutus motor is a 325hp RSR engine.

Thanks Mark!! Brutus was a test mule 916 for Porsche. If they thought the single mount wasn't good enough for Brutus they would of went to something else.
It boils down to personal preference.
maddog
last chance to take advantage of this great deal, only 15 hours left, don't miss out!
Literati914
QUOTE(maddog @ May 27 2021, 09:01 AM) *

... Use code MEMORIAL15 at checkout.

Seems I'm blinder than the rest, sorry - I've looked at the checkout sections several times and can not see any place to add the code (using a desktop)... can you specify where this would be entered?

Also, does the code work with pay pal payments?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.