Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jwjwjw
I just purchased a 72 914 and as you owners know I’m excited to get it on the road. I just pulled it home today.

Here’s what I need for the outside:

Front and rear bumper, plus rubber
Both rear tail lenses
Drivers door
Drivers door handle
Front drivers parking light metal surround

Once I get a chance to look deeper at the mechanics I’m sure I’ll need more parts.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you have to help me make this into a decent driver.

JeffClick to view attachment
mepstein
welcome.png
Shivers
Hi. Early bumpers are not cheap. Pull yours off and ship them to a re-chroming shop
OrangeBones
welcome.png

Lots of local guys can help. Welcome to the 914 world
bdstone914
welcome.png

I have sone good clean doors. Shipping is from California. Check locally but it's hard to find non rusted doors in the rust belt.

Jwjwjw
QUOTE(Shivers @ May 28 2021, 04:59 PM) *

Hi. Early bumpers are not cheap. Pull yours off and ship them to a re-chroming shop

Any substitute that looks decent?
mepstein
QUOTE(Jwjwjw @ May 28 2021, 09:58 PM) *

Fiberglass is cheaper but by the time you pay for shipping and hours spent fitting, it's a wash.

I would first make sure the body is solid before spending money on parts.
Freezin 914
welcome.png
You have arrived at the right place….welcome to the sickness!
Pezz
QUOTE(Jwjwjw @ May 28 2021, 02:41 PM) *

I just purchased a 72 914 and as you owners know I’m excited to get it on the road. I just pulled it home today.

Here’s what I need for the outside:

Front and rear bumper, plus rubber
Both rear tail lenses
Drivers door
Drivers door handle
Front drivers parking light metal surround

Once I get a chance to look deeper at the mechanics I’m sure I’ll need more parts.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you have to help me make this into a decent driver.

Jeff

Welcome.
Looks like you have a nice project car.
~Driver's door here in Oregon
PM me if interested.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

brant
How is the hell hole?

You sound new to 914’s....
better to assess the rust before spending any money on cosmetic items
Jwjwjw
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 28 2021, 08:35 PM) *

Fiberglass is cheaper but by the time you pay for shipping and hours spent fitting, it's a wash.

After checking bumper prices I think I might try to hammer out dents then grind off the chrome, epoxy prime them, then use a little body filler and maybe paint them black or the color of car once I decide what that is.

Thanks for advice! Jeff
Shivers
QUOTE(Jwjwjw @ May 29 2021, 08:23 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 28 2021, 08:35 PM) *

After checking bumper prices I think I might try to hammer out dents then grind off the chrome, epoxy prime them, then use a little body filler and maybe paint them black or the color of car once I decide what that is.

Thanks for advice! Jeff

Hey Jeff, save yourself some cosmetic work, you can remove the chrome without grinding.

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Chrome-Plating

I also hear that lye will strip chrome.

930cabman
java script:emoticon(':wttc:','smid_64')

It is a good idea to assess the level of rust your new 914 contains. I don't think there is a 914 on the planet with "0" rust and repairing rust damage can (will) be expensive. Once again, welcome aboard and we will assist in any ways we can.
914 RZ-1
I got my front and rear bumpers redone for $1,000. That included hammering out a few dings and dents as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.