Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big thanks to Elephant racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KSCarrera
Shout out to Chuck Moreland and the crew at ER. I live in the UK, ordered a set of the polybronze trailing arm bushes and shafts on a Wednesday afternoon and received them by lunchtime Friday. Fedex did their stuff, but ER processed the sale faster than a fast thing.

Many thanks! beerchug.gif
maf914
Keith, glad things worked well for you.

I have a question for you and any one else who has used the Elephant poly-bronze bushings. How well do they work? How is the resulting ride? Are they too harsh? Noisy? Difficult to maintain? Do they improve the handling, steering response, or suspension response? Or do they make the car less enjoyable on the street?

I know, a lot of questions. But there are so many bushing options available it is difficult to know which is the best choice.

Sorry for the hijack, but I would like to know a little more about the poly-bronze bushing performance.
tygaboy
QUOTE(maf914 @ May 29 2021, 01:50 PM) *

I have a question for you and any one else who has used the Elephant poly-bronze bushings. How well do they work? How is the resulting ride? Are they too harsh? Noisy? Difficult to maintain? Do they improve the handling, steering response, or suspension response? Or do they make the car less enjoyable on the street?

I know, a lot of questions. But there are so many bushing options available it is difficult to know which is the best choice.

Sorry for the hijack, but I would like to know a little more about the poly-bronze bushing performance.

@maf914 I have Elephant PolyBronze in my trailing arms and their full spherical set up in my control arms. Plus Tarret monoball camber plates. So no rubber anywhere. The car isn't harsh or noisy. I've yet to hear anything bad from anyone using them. Certainly responsive and probably overkill for a street car. That said, no complaints.
@Andyrew ? @Conedodger ?
KSCarrera
I haven't installed them yet but I have every faith - it's not like using a fully-rose-jointed suspension where there is no 'give' at all. The ER set-up still has the 'poly' surround to the bronze bushing, so it's not like it's entirely metal on metal. Nicely made product. BTW the car will be 50/50 street and track (speed hillclimb).
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 29 2021, 05:55 PM) *

QUOTE(maf914 @ May 29 2021, 01:50 PM) *

@maf914 I have Elephant PolyBronze in my trailing arms and their full spherical set up in my control arms. Plus Tarret monoball camber plates. So no rubber anywhere. The car isn't harsh or noisy. I've yet to hear anything bad from anyone using them. Certainly responsive and probably overkill for a street car. That said, no complaints.
@Andyrew ? @Conedodger ?

None. Because the design eliminates all stiction in the suspension, there is no harshness at all. I only wish they made them for my 240Z...
BENBRO02
I love to hear positive reviews of companies that sell parts for 914s. It really helps me make a decision when I need a part.

Unobtanium-inc
They were very helpful when I needed the custom suspension for the 904 build. They thought the order specs were a little crazy, but they made it happen, taking several inches out of the size.
Maltese Falcon
On our 2.0 street and short track car, we always have the Elephant Racing bushings checked + lubed (zurc fittings) at every oil/ valve adjustment interval. One time we missed checking + lubing the bushings on time and the right rear bushing went dry and failed sad.gif
KSCarrera
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 31 2021, 07:21 AM) *

On our 2.0 street and short track car, we always have the Elephant Racing bushings checked + lubed (zurc fittings) at every oil/ valve adjustment interval. One time we missed checking + lubing the bushings on time and the right rear bushing went dry and failed sad.gif

I always wonder how many newbie owners of 356s (and air-cooled VWs) realise they need to use a grease gun on their front suspension on a regular basis? A forgotten 'art' that almost disappeared with the advent of rubber and polyurethane bushes...
TRS63
I am not thanking you for this post.. Now I discovered their nice products and my credit card is getting afraid laugh.gif

Antoine
Cairo94507
Chuck and his crew are great. I have the ER rubber bushings in my car with their raised spindles with the bump-steer mod. Everything works great and my car rides nice. I paired their products with Bilstein shocks/struts, stock 914 F&R sway bars, turbo tie-rods, 110 pound rear springs and stock torsion bars. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
I have roller bearings, not The ER bushings. But I doubt there is much difference. The ER bushings are a bit more serviceable.

I have zero harshness in my suspension. It’s a very worthwhile upgrade.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 1 2021, 12:13 AM) *

I have roller bearings, not The ER bushings. But I doubt there is much difference. The ER bushings are a bit more serviceable.

I put the roller bearings in my car, and it beat the hell out of me. I went back to Elephant Racing rubber bushings and love it.

Clay
Andyrew
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 1 2021, 07:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 1 2021, 12:13 AM) *

I put the roller bearings in my car, and it beat the hell out of me. I went back to Elephant Racing rubber bushings and love it.

Clay

Thats really odd. I've had mine for 10 years or more. They are extremely smooth for me. Maybe its shock valving?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.