Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't get Reverse or 1st
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I installed the Tangerine Shift rod bearing and couldn't get 2nd, 4th and 5th
but we had Reverse, 2nd and 4th, Chris suggested I move the motor back a wee bit so we did. I can get now get 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th but I cant get reverse and 1st now.
We tried shifting the motor to the pass side and then to the driver side... and still a no go. We moved the motor a touch forward... still no luck. I am not sure where to go from here... your suggestions are welcome.
jim_hoyland
After installing the Tangerine upgrade, we reset the shifter using Chris’ Technique:
Loosen pinch bolt on shifter
Pull shift rod right using bingo cord and attaching to passenger door pull
Turn the shift rod full right and hold in place while tightening the pinch bolt
Has worked for me with both stock shifter and Rennshifter.
pete-stevers
Jim, I am assuming you remove the pinch bolt from the spline when doing the reset? Thanks, I will give it a try. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ May 30 2021, 04:38 PM) *

Jim, I am assuming you remove the pinch bolt from the spline when doing the reset? Thanks, I will give it a try. biggrin.gif

Just loosen the pinch bolt enough so the rod can turn; and when you do relighted it, really tighten it !
If Chris’ method works out for you. Mark the point where the rod meets the shifter. I used white paint.
ChrisFoley
The splines on the rod are not matched inside the hole, which is smooth. Loosening the pinch bolt is all that's needed in order to make adjustments.

BTW, Jim's picture doesn't match his described adjustment technique. My precision adjuster actually prevents that bungee cord technique from working.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.