Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal Unusual Behavior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rbzymek
My turn signals were not canceling so I looked up the switch part on AA and purchased the correct part and changed out the switch assembly (1975 former 1.8L now 2056). They function and cancel now but when I remove the ignition key the right front and rear turn lamps and side marker stays on. Insert key and turn to run and the three lamps go out and the signals function normally. Someone must have seen this one before. Any help would be appreciated.
partwerks
QUOTE(rbzymek @ May 30 2021, 02:19 PM) *

My turn signals were not canceling so I looked up the switch part on AA and purchased the correct part and changed out the switch assembly (1975 former 1.8L now 2056). They function and cancel now but when I remove the ignition key the right front and rear turn lamps and side marker stays on. Insert key and turn to run and the three lamps go out and the signals function normally. Someone must have seen this one before. Any help would be appreciated.

Seems like when mine weren't cancelling, I had the screws a bit too tight.

The other makes one think that in a particular position, something is touching that shouldn't be??
Shivers
When mine is parked and the key is off, I can set the right or left markers as parking lights. When the key is turned on they go back to a signal light. Maybe that function is getting energized some how.
rbzymek
QUOTE(Shivers @ May 30 2021, 06:41 PM) *

When mine is parked and the key is off, I can set the right or left markers as parking lights. When the key is turned on they go back to a signal light. Maybe that function is getting energized some how.

With the key out I can turn on the left signal with the signal lever as you stated. I need to loosen up the assembly to see what might be touching in the right hand side circuit. Very helpful. Thanks!
SirAndy
Just to be clear, the lights stay on even though the lever is in the center position?
idea.gif

Because if the lever is either up or down and you remove the key, the lights are supposed to stay on.
shades.gif

rbzymek
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 30 2021, 08:55 PM) *

Just to be clear, the lights stay on even though the lever is in the center position?
idea.gif

Because if the lever is either up or down and you remove the key, the lights are supposed to stay on.
shades.gif

Yes, it stayed on with the lever centered and the key out.

I could make the problem come and go by flexing the connector to the turn signal assembly. So obviously a loose connection. I released each terminal one at a time on the body side shell and closed the rolled part of terminal just a bit to get a better connection. That fixed the problem. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.