Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy odometer parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
I may be screwed but in an overzealous attempt to solve the slipping pot metal gear once and for all, I managed to jam it just long enough to to chew up the skew gear that transfers movement from the cable to worm gear on the odo (see below). It still works, but now has a hitch in the movement that is also making the speedo jump which means the cable is slightly binding and releasing due to the damaged gear. It looks like it will be pretty simple to replace if I can find a replacement. I see plenty of sources for the plastic gear on the odometer wheels but nothing else. I'm not interested in sending it in for repair for a couple reasons so would really just like to find a replacement part. Any ideas? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
I have a parts speedo that should have a good gear. Will check later.
Bruce
bbrock
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 31 2021, 07:21 AM) *

I have a parts speedo that should have a good gear. Will check later.
Bruce

Excellent! popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
If Bruce doesn’t have one let me know. I have a couple core speedo’s that I can send you.
bbrock
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 31 2021, 08:20 AM) *

If Bruce doesn’t have one let me know. I have a couple core speedo’s that I can send you.

Wonderful. You guys are the best!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.