Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jwjwjw
My first Porsche and I am Trying to put engine stuff where it belongs. Can anyone try and help with correct location of these hoses? For some reason I couldn’t add both photos so need to add another thread with other half of photo. Sorry

Thanks JeffClick to view attachment
Gint
You need a search for +hose +diagram. I'll do one for you and post a link. BRB

What year is the 914 and what engine?
Gint
Look through some of these threads. Note that it will depend on year and engine to ensure you're viewing the correct diagram.

Link -> Link to search of the 914world garage forum for +hose +diagram
Jwjwjw
Thank you!

It’s a 1972 and I believe it’s the 1.7 engine.
Bleyseng
Change the fuel lines and use the correct hose clamps!!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 1 2021, 01:50 PM) *

agree.gif
What you have there is an engine fire waiting to happen. That hose is not EFI rated, and the clamp edges will cut into the hoses. Use EFI fuel hose and EFI clamps. Check the stuff under the tank and at the fuel pump too.

Clay
windforfun
I've used those kinds of hose clamps for decades. I've never had a problem with them.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jun 1 2021, 04:02 PM) *

I've used those kinds of hose clamps for decades. I've never had a problem with them.

Until you do and have a fuel fire as the fuel is at 29 lbs psi.
ClayPerrine

Having watched Betty's 914 burn on the side of the freeway, I want to prevent anyone from every having to go through it. Please, I beg of you, replace those fuel line clamps with the proper EFI clamps.

Also, If you have not done it, replace the plastic lines with stainless steel lines.

Don't Barbecue your 914.

Clay

914_teener

Proof that Truth is relative to one's own belief systems.
windforfun
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 2 2021, 12:00 PM) *

Ditto. But not so much beliefs as experience. However, I guess experience molds our beliefs. And our beliefs alter our experience. Let's get philosophical while we're at it. Just remember, everything I say is a lie.

biggrin.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jun 2 2021, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 2 2021, 12:00 PM) *

Ditto. But not so much beliefs as experience. However, I guess experience molds our beliefs. And our beliefs alter our experience. Let's get philosophical while we're at it. Just remember, everything I say is a lie.

biggrin.gif

Ah....now you have titilated my grayish matter. I'll go there:

Le'ts just say that the clamp is in a state of superposition relative and in relationship to the state of the matter of the hose in relationship to the first law of thermodynamics...that matter will return to a state of equilibrium and in relationship to the force of pressurized fuel inside of the hose tends to accerlerate said equilibrium.

Now given the state of a warming world and the amount of ozone and added chemicals because of that warming world, act in the fuel at a quantum level and tend to give up their electrons leaping back and forth inside that hose.

Thus given these conditions and the probability distribution, the hose will accelerate its equalibrium and accelerate the state particulary around the edges of the clamp.

Given the above mentioned, and so stated, the probablity distribution around the edge of the pictorilized clamp tends to show a state of a dead cat and a burnt up 914.

If there is a tree in the Woods does it really matter if it's a lie....it's still your Truth. biggrin.gif
Jwjwjw
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 1 2021, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 1 2021, 01:50 PM) *

agree.gif
What you have there is an engine fire waiting to happen. That hose is not EFI rated, and the clamp edges will cut into the hoses. Use EFI fuel hose and EFI clamps. Check the stuff under the tank and at the fuel pump too.

Clay

Thanks for excellent advice!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.