Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dimensions (diameter, width and height) of front fog / driving lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
I have a pair of fog light front grills to fit but dont have any lights as yet.
Could some one with lights provide some measurements so I know what size to look out for please.
Originals are very rare over here and extremely expensive plus I would like yellow / amber lenses so I will see what I can track down at auto jumbles
maf914
I have a pair of fog lights in my garage that measure approximately 5" or 130 mm in diameter and roughly 2.5" or 65 mm in depth. I took these from a salvage yard 914 sometime in the 80's.
dt4
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 1 2021, 04:35 PM) *

I have a pair of fog lights in my garage that measure approximately 5" or 130 mm in diameter and roughly 2.5" or 65 mm in depth. I took these from a salvage yard 914 sometime in the 80's.

thank you, thats great
fixer34
See if these help. I have a pair of refurb'ed ones I bought 6+ years ago with the intention of adding to my car (as in the road to hell is paved with...)

I also measured the grill cutout on the factory ones. The grill circle is about 4.75 in diameter, so I'm guessing only the glass (which has a 'step' to it) fits. The housing itself is a little over 2 in deep, the glass adds another quarter in or so.

You will also need to consider the mounting brackets.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
dt4
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jun 1 2021, 11:47 PM) *

See if these help. I have a pair of refurb'ed ones I bought 6+ years ago with the intention of adding to my car (as in the road to hell is paved with...)

I also measured the grill cutout on the factory ones. The grill circle is about 4.75 in diameter, so I'm guessing only the glass (which has a 'step' to it) fits. The housing itself is a little over 2 in deep, the glass adds another quarter in or so.

You will also need to consider the mounting brackets.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

thank you, appreciated
Mark Henry
I have Pilot lights 193C driving lights which fit perfectly and were a popular choice, but are unfortunetly NLA.
They were billed as 4.5 inch fog lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.