Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FIXED How the heck do I fix this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
I took this apart to see if I could fix it and am drawing a blank. (Happens more and more as I age....) I want this piece to snap into place as it is intended but it won't. What do I need to do to fix this?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
MDTerp
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 2 2021, 12:45 PM) *

I took this apart to see if I could fix it and am drawing a blank. (Happens more and more as I age....) I want this piece to snap into place as it is intended but it won't. What do I need to do to fix this?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I put a washer behind it to get more clearance between the metal plate and door cover. Allowed the plastic cover to snap over it.
Michael
Cairo94507
@MDTerp - Thanks. Well that took all of 30 seconds to fix. Put a 6mm washer behind the metal and then reattached the handle. All fixed- snapped into place nicely. How did I not see that??????? Love this place. beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
I always fought with that piece not staying.

Now I have a fix. Sometimes it is the simple things you overlook.

Clay
MDTerp
Glad it fixed the problem! I had that piece fall down for years and finally figured out how to fix it two weeks ago.
Cairo94507
Yeah, it's been on the list for a while- just not a high priority. Finally got tired of looking at it and seeing it not in place. Super simple fix. I suspect it is because I had my door cards done in leather and it likely thicker than the factory vinyl. It looks much better now. beerchug.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 2 2021, 01:48 PM) *

Yeah, it's been on the list for a while- just not a high priority. Finally got tired of looking at it and seeing it not in place. Super simple fix. I suspect it is because I had my door cards done in leather and it likely thicker than the factory vinyl. It looks much better now. beerchug.gif

It's called luxury upholstery syndrome hide.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.