Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classifieds Metamorphosis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
I sure am glad I bought my 914 when the majority of the classified ads were "For Sale" items, giving me the opportunity to get many of the parts I needed for restoration. It seems the ads section has now practically become a "Wanted To Buy" forum, with fewer and fewer parts available for sale. Am I deceived? If not, woe be it to new owners of cars needing parts from trusted fellow owners. Prices and scams on eBay and The Samba are less appealing options.

Ansbacher
rhodyguy
Folks are buying and fixing 914s that were beyond rusty but complete parts cars 10 years ago.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2021, 02:04 PM) *

Folks are buying and fixing 914s that were beyond rusty but complete parts cars 10 years ago.

agree.gif

Guilty as charged.

Agree with OP's premise. I've seen the shift in just the short time I've been on the forum. I'm deeply indebted to all those sellers that have provided parts to me. pray.gif

I will have some take off parts that can go up for sale once I get to final assembly. However, the truth is the parts that I put up for sale as take-offs will be of lesser quality than those I've purchased to repair my car in the first place.
TJB/914
agree.gif

The issue I have is putting a fair price on 914 parts from my attic stash??
Would anyone pay $50 or $100 bucks for an original 914 Black Screwdriver popcorn[1].gif
Sell it cheap & the next guy flips it. confused24.gif

Tom, unsure.gif
TJB/914
agree.gif

The issue I have is putting a fair price on 914 parts from my attic stash??
Would anyone pay $50 or $100 bucks for an original 914 Black Screwdriver popcorn[1].gif
Sell it cheap & the next guy flips it. confused24.gif

Tom, unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.