Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member's map
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MartyYeoman
Years ago there was a map that showed member's locations. I think Howard started it up. Does it exist anymore? confused24.gif
914Sixer
Have not seen one in years.
930cabman
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 3 2021, 01:11 PM) *

Have not seen one in years.

Not a bad idea, I would be game
SirAndy
QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ Jun 3 2021, 10:59 AM) *

Years ago there was a map that showed member's locations. I think Howard started it up. Does it exist anymore? confused24.gif

Unfortunately, it died with Howard.
He was the only one with admin access and we were not able to retrieve the data.

And a few months later, the service he was using went out of business, so all that data was lost for good.
sad.gif
GregAmy
Anyone who has the ability to export the "From:" fields from the member list can create an anonymous Google Maps with pins.

Of course, that requires accurate info -- e.g., "California" instead of "Kalifornia" wink.gif
MartyYeoman
Bummer,
Anybody with an insurance company wanna start one up again?
PanelBilly
I’m here

x
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 3 2021, 02:51 PM) *

He was the only one with admin access and we were not able to retrieve the data.

And a few months later, the service he was using went out of business, so all that data was lost for good.
sad.gif

Do you have the URL? We might get the data from the wayback machine. From my work, I am becoming an expert in HTML screen scraping.

Clay
SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 4 2021, 04:54 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 3 2021, 02:51 PM) *

sad.gif

Do you have the URL? We might get the data from the wayback machine. From my work, I am becoming an expert in HTML screen scraping.

@ClayPerrine

It's been many, many years, the site was frappr.com but i don't remember the full url.

Knowing Howard, it probably had ClubNarp in it.
biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.