Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sagging Rear End
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lfrate02@hotmail.com
Hello! I have a 72 1.7 and the back end is sagging and now bottoming out over bumps. I know it’s time to redo things and am looking for recommendations for parts as well as a shop in Mid-coast Maine. I was thinking springs and shocks. I only drive on the roads and want both comfort and performance. Race/AX spec not necessary. Thx.
mepstein
New shocks and springs will fix this. Don't toss the old shocks since you need to move over a couple parts to the new assembly. Your local Garage can easily do this fix or you can do it yourself. No special tools are required.
windforfun
100 lb Weltmeister springs. BTDT.
Lfrate02@hotmail.com
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 4 2021, 12:14 PM) *

New shocks and springs will fix this. Don't toss the old shocks since you need to move over a couple parts to the new assembly. Your local Garage can easily do this fix or you can do it yourself. No special tools are required.

How about this kit?

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Rear-Co...RSRRCOK914.html
mepstein
QUOTE(Lfrate02@hotmail.com @ Jun 4 2021, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 4 2021, 12:14 PM) *

How about this kit?

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Rear-Co...RSRRCOK914.html

Doesn’t include shocks. The springs may be more than you want for a street car. Adjustability is nice but a stock set up will work fine for a street car. It just depends what you want out of your car.
If you want a nice riding street car, find Boge shocks, front and rear and 100lb springs. A little more performance oriented and slightly firmer, use Bilstein heavy duty shocks (not sport, they are even stiffer).

I’m assuming if you rear shock and springs have failed, your front strut inserts also need replacement. It’s also an easy diy job if you choose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.