Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fire hazard ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Check the blue tygon fuel lines. This fuel line is very common on outdoor powersports but would make me nervous on this application. Thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5...ook_story_share
SirAndy
It's a carbed engine, so that should be low pressure.
The question is, is the fuel line rated for automotive use?

Is the plastic just going to melt the first time you get that engine hot?
confused24.gif

windforfun
agree.gif

Oh boy...
Root_Werks
agree.gif

Yes, Oh boy is right. Would consider that entire system a remove and replace.
Bullethead
From Tygon:

The tubing has a working temperature range of -35 to 165 degrees F, a durometer (hardness) of 57A, and the working pressure ratings vary by tube size.

An enclosed engine bay is certainly capable of exceeding 165 degrees... someone must have really liked the look. blink.gif
DC_neun_vierzehn
Also ... is it me or does the rear not looked elevated? Normally the rear wheels are tucked under the fenders, but ... you can see the top of the rear tires from a normal sight line.
windforfun
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Jun 4 2021, 05:29 PM) *

From Tygon:

The tubing has a working temperature range of -35 to 165 degrees F, a durometer (hardness) of 57A, and the working pressure ratings vary by tube size.

An enclosed engine bay is certainly capable of exceeding 165 degrees... someone must have really liked the look. blink.gif

agree.gif

Come to think of it, the hot water in my house is set for 160 degrees F.
Sycolyst
Used in a lot of snowmobile engines. They burn really quickly too.
tpines
Ben,
If you haven't already I would recommend contacting the seller letting him know of the potential fire danger of those fuel lines. I'm sure he would appreciate it. Take care!

Clark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.