Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 1.8 heater tubes picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
Would someone with the tubes and flapper boxes and all the pipes into the cabin be able to take photos to show how it all fits together please (a full system in place)
plus photos from the top showing the fan placement and position plus the routing for the tubes etc....
I have a box of parts minus some of the flexible tubing and I am trying to figure how it all goes together and what I am missing

thank you
dt
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 4 2021, 11:18 PM) *

Would someone with the tubes and flapper boxes and all the pipes into the cabin be able to take photos to show how it all fits together please (a full system in place)
plus photos from the top showing the fan placement and position plus the routing for the tubes etc....
I have a box of parts minus some of the flexible tubing and I am trying to figure how it all goes together and what I am missing

thank you
dt

It's hard to get a full photo of that search for the wire frame image
dt4
there is another thread that has some useful pictures
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=336071&hl=
dt4
It appears to me that the pin for the flapper box on the driver side is in the wrong way and that the cable connector should be on the top not the bottom when the tubes are assembled?
Could someone confirm please
Can the pin be knocked out and assembled from the other side?Click to view attachment
dt4
Does anyone have a pair of clamps that fit the heater tubes pictured please Click to view attachment
dt4
I am unable to figure out where these two shields fit, does anyone have a photo or diagram please Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 27 2021, 08:03 AM) *

I am unable to figure out where these two shields fit, does anyone have a photo or diagram please Click to view attachment

Those fit earlier cars. Are you back dating the system or sticking with the 75 heat exchangers. There are similar plates for the later cars.
bbrock
And for a pic showing how the parts you have attach, here is a pic of my car. Note that one of the attachment points is missing on this part (since replaced with a better one), but the plates attach to the heads and heat exchangers.

IPB Image
dt4
thank you for the picture that will help
I have a 75 1.8 so presuming the heat exchangers are correct for the year / engine

I'll use your picture to check
euro911
1975 & 1976 had a different exhaust system than what it appears you have. Guessing that a previous owner back-dated the exhaust system. That's not an issue if you have all the correct parts.

The caps on the heater valves face inward towards the middle of the engine bay, and the activation levers are on top.

IPB Image

Obviously there's a left side and a a right side (mirrored images). I wouldn't try to modify the offending one ... just source the correct one (as needed). The one you posted is the passenger side.

IPB Image

Bruce Stone @bdstone914 might have the clamps you need confused24.gif

IPB Image
Dave_Darling
Can you post a pic of what your exhaust system looks like?

Or at least, tell us if it has F-pipes attached to the heads that point forward, bolting to a piece that does a sharp 180-degree bend, and has a single pipe with a triangle-shaped exhaust flange? (One copy of each on each side, obviously.)

Or do you have the type in the photos above?

--DD
dt4
I will get the car back on the axle stands and take some photos
Thanks for the suggestions
StarBear
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 27 2021, 11:00 AM) *

It appears to me that the pin for the flapper box on the driver side is in the wrong way and that the cable connector should be on the top not the bottom when the tubes are assembled?
Could someone confirm please
Can the pin be knocked out and assembled from the other side?Click to view attachment

Yes, the cables go on the top of each flapper unit; the flappers are a matched, mirrored (opposite) pair.
dt4
The flapper boxes and pipesClick to view attachment
dt4
The heat exchanger on the driver side Click to view attachment
dt4
The heat exchanger on the passenger side Click to view attachment
StarBear
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 28 2021, 01:40 PM) *

Looks (?) like you have two of the same side (drivers?) boxes.
914werke
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 27 2021, 07:54 PM) *
1975 & 1976 had a different exhaust system than what you have. Guessing that a PO back-dated the exhaust system. The caps on the heater valves face inward towards the middle of the engine bay, and the activation levers are on top.

I typically flip the Valve side to side & orient the cables to the bottom for ease of service. idea.gif
dt4
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 28 2021, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 27 2021, 07:54 PM) *
1975 & 1976 had a different exhaust system than what you have. Guessing that a PO back-dated the exhaust system. The caps on the heater valves face inward towards the middle of the engine bay, and the activation levers are on top.

I typically flip the Valve side to side & orient the cables to the bottom for ease of service. idea.gif

it didnt look as thought the cable on the drivers side was long enough to reach the underside of the valve
dt4
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jun 28 2021, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(dt4 @ Jun 28 2021, 01:40 PM) *

Looks (?) like you have two of the same side (drivers?) boxes.

they are definitely different, the tube that connects to the flexi pipe on the firewall is a different length and angle
rhodyguy
One heat exchanger sits further back than the other. That's why the dif lengths. OEM controls wires I have bought were prebent correctly. 2 longs or 2 shorts cause issues.
dt4
I fitted the heater tubes and flap boxes today along with the flexible pipes from the fan.
What an absolute bastard of a job that was, I guess they tend to fit the tubes when the engine is out to make getting at some of the bolts easier
dt4
I have now connected the hear flapper boxes and cables together
when the lever is pulled up the flap opens, or is it closes? but when the handle is released the flapper pulls the handle back down
How should it work please?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.