Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal assembly part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Medtner3
Solved: Thanks for the help here!!!!

This small brass part fell off when I took the turn signal assembly out ... where the heck does it go? Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
i have a picture around here somewhere but that goes into the body of the switches where one of the 4 long screws go through. there is a corresponding slot - i wish I could articulate it better but start looking around the 4 screw holes - it should become obvious and i'll keep looking for the pic unless someone beats me to it.
partwerks
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Jun 7 2021, 12:20 PM) *

This small brass part fell off when I took the turn signal assembly out ... where the heck does it go? Click to view attachment

Hold it like it would be on the steering wheel. Then on the TS side. It slides in just above that top threaded brass whatever it is thing. There is a slot, and the other end goes over the hole on the white plastic part.
partwerks
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jun 7 2021, 04:44 PM) *

Hold it like it would be on the steering wheel. Then on the TS side. It slides in just above that top threaded brass whatever it is thing. There is a slot, and the other end goes over the hole on the white plastic part.

Click to view attachment
partwerks
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jun 7 2021, 04:48 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Look at the upper left part of that plastic.

I had the same thing happen to me. I taped it in place, so it don't get away from me. Looks like a ground or something??
Medtner3
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jun 7 2021, 07:49 PM) *

QUOTE(partwerks @ Jun 7 2021, 04:48 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Look at the upper left part of that plastic.

I had the same thing happen to me. I taped it in place, so it don't get away from me. Looks like a ground or something??

THANKS TO YOU AND EVERYONE
gonzo54
The same thing happened to me-I could not figure out where that little brass piece came from so I left it out! Turn signals and wipers are working, how critical is this part?
Bleyseng
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 8 2021, 07:30 AM) *

The same thing happened to me-I could not figure out where that little brass piece came from so I left it out! Turn signals and wipers are working, how critical is this part?

If you have intermittent wipers it grounds the contacts so the function works. Do you have non working intermittent wipers now?
windforfun
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 8 2021, 08:38 AM) *

If you have intermittent wipers it grounds the contacts so the function works. Do you have non working intermittent wipers now?

I learn something every day on this website.
gonzo54

I'm pretty sure my car does not have intermittent wipers as there are only 3 positions on the wiper switch-off, slow, fast. Was intermittent wipers an option in 73? I'm not sure I want to pull my steering wheel and the turnsignal/wiper switches back out if you guys don't think this will not cause me a problem.

Thanks in advance-Rick
partwerks
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 8 2021, 03:06 PM) *

I'm pretty sure my car does not have intermittent wipers as there are only 3 positions on the wiper switch-off, slow, fast. Was intermittent wipers an option in 73? I'm not sure I want to pull my steering wheel and the turnsignal/wiper switches back out if you guys don't think this will not cause me a problem.

Thanks in advance-Rick

I know my 75 had a third speed, with a relay that was mounted on one of those vertical posts, by the air box.
I try to avoid ran in that car if at all possible.
bludden
I replaced the ignition switch electrical assembly today and once put back together my wipers run on intermittent when in the off position, maybe this is the culprit. I'll take it back apart tomorrow and see. Always something helpful here!
930cabman
QUOTE(bludden @ Sep 5 2021, 09:22 PM) *

I replaced the ignition switch electrical assembly today and once put back together my wipers run on intermittent when in the off position, maybe this is the culprit. I'll take it back apart tomorrow and see. Always something helpful here!

+1, Always
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.