Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cocomats meassurments
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
The wife and kids tried to surprise me with Cocomats for my teen for a birthday/fathers day present, but they at cocmats have questions.

#1, they say that the 914 doesn't have floor attachments where as my 1974 914 clearly has them and my original mats have the grommets. So I measured them up, no big deal.

#2 the length of the passenger mat is 26-3/4", is this correct? As it would only go up the foot rest a couple of inches

#3 the drivers also only goes a few inches up the pedal board is this OK?

#4 is I will be adding GT cooler lines in the future, do they protrude onto the drivers floor? Could I tuck the mat under the future line?

Lastly although I also have a stock carpet and pedal board I also have an aluminum board I've never installed. Would this be better with the mat tucked under the board? Or if I go this route lay the mat over top?

Right now I'm thinking I should get them to send me templates, they emailed templates but I have no way to print them out full size.

Chris914n6
#0 mats go on top of carpet, so....
fixer34
I bought a set of cocomats for mine close to 40 years ago. They even have a Porsche logo on them (not sure how legit it is...). I'll take pictures when I get back home in a couple days. And they did go over the existing mats.
Mark Henry
So you're just using the cocomat nubs hold it in place?
I absolutely hate mats that move around.
davep
Yes, cocomats are used over the original mats, and can move around since they are not usually secured. I think I have a set from 35 years ago. Pedal boards would have to be trimmed for mats to be secured underneath.
ben*james
I just ordered a set as well. Got an email from them saying I had the option of OEM size 26” for the passenger or 32” extra long. It appeared that as long as you don’t have something like an oil line already run, the extra long would work and simply provide more coverage.

I ordered the 32” and if I get them soon will report back. This is my second set and I can tell you the first set (sold with last car) didn’t move around at all regardless of not clipping down to a grommet. There heavy!

Here’s the email I got:

We are reaching out today because we offer two passenger mat options for your 914.
Attached are PDFs with measurements of both for you to look at. Please review the sizes as this is vital and, in few cases, the extended mat will not work.

1. The same as the factory OEM Porsche passenger mat. (P15-B1)

2. Our extended coverage mat. (P15-B2) (please measure in the car-if you have any hindrances such as an oil cooler line the extended mat will not work.)

Please let us know your preference. Thanks!
Regards
Mark Henry
I got the exact same email.
Looks like even with the extra long I still need to leave the OE mats in so it looks finished.

Ben what kind are you getting? I'm looking at checkers in the sisal.
ben*james
Mark - I’m getting the traditional look in Orange and Black. Extended coverage mat.

I remember these going right on top of the factory mats as well. I was really happy with my last set and suspect I’ll enjoy this just as well.

My order was placed in the cue yesterday smile.gif
PanelBilly
Years ago when I received mine they fit funny on the passenger side. It went a few inches up the footwell. When I contacted them they said they had used the same pattern since the 70s. I told them they were making them all wrong and it should either just fit the floor or go way up the footwell. They remade one for me and said that no one had ever given them any feedback. They had great customer service.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 8 2021, 05:54 AM) *

So you're just using the cocomat nubs hold it in place?
I absolutely hate mats that move around.

Mark,
the nubs hold the mats in place well, they dont slide around at all, they fit tight from side to side, and they are really heavy and thick with the rubber bottoms. I did the black with taracotta spots, goes well with the copper metallic car color.
They also made me a front trunk mat from a template that i made and sent them, perfect fit.

Phil
TX914
Agree with everything @drphil914 said. I have them over original carpet. My drivers side comes onto the pedal board about 4” and does not interfere with pedals. passenger side about 12” to top of original carpet.
windforfun
I bought a set of Coco Mats for my Suburban some years ago. They started to fall apart after only a few years of use. The ones in my "73 914 might be almost as old as the car & they're still going strong. FWIW & FYI.
djway
The company that does the Coco Mats does not have the rings available to attach to the lugs on the floor. I had a conversation about that with them.
They do work fine over carpet.
Cairo94507
Glad to see this posting. I just went out and modified the pattern they sent me for my car to allow for the oil cooler lines on the driver's foot well and then mailed the patterns to them so they can make my mats. Looking forward to getting them. beerchug.gif
mxkinn01
When I bought mine last year they had two lengths available, one short and one that goes up much higher on the passenger side. No mounting holes needed. They are heavy and do not move. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Thanks Mike
Mark Henry
Thanks I'm going to get the regular set with the extra long right mat.
Cairo94507
Yup, me too. beerchug.gif
wonkipop
i got a set that are orig dealer installed.
still have them.
relied on the texture of the cocoa fibres to stop them with friction.
no rubber bottoms. just all cocoa. it worked, they didn't move around.
passenger side folded approx 250mm up footrest section.
the passenger mat was also cut to same profile around wheel well in contrast to patterns available i see today = almost same as drivers side.
driver side fitted to just under pedals.
they went over carpet so grommets would not engage with a mat anyway.

don't know where porsche audi sourced these mats back in the 70s or whether all mats came from same supplier across all USA. suspect these particular mats were universal and fitted to 911s as much as 914s. they just pulled them off the shelf and stuck them in cars if you wanted the option? might have been other types of mats for the cars around from back then too.

i've flipped them upside down for now and swapped sides since its rhd these days. blink.gif now i get to wear out both sides of the mat! heel pad is in the wrong side of the drivers mat but. sad.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 8 2021, 04:05 PM) *

Glad to see this posting. I just went out and modified the pattern they sent me for my car to allow for the oil cooler lines on the driver's foot well and then mailed the patterns to them so they can make my mats. Looking forward to getting them. beerchug.gif

@Cairo94507 how did you have to mod them? I want to do this in the future.
Cairo94507
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 9 2021, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 8 2021, 04:05 PM) *

@Cairo94507 how did you have to mod them? I want to do this in the future.

I laid the paper pattern down, (got that from Coco Mats) and it fit well except where we have the oil cooler lines entering the footwell at the extreme front. Ended up trimming about 2" off from the left edge from just below the pedal board to the top and curved it nicely. beerchug.gif
914-Kazoo
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 7 2021, 06:04 PM) *

The wife and kids tried to surprise me with Cocomats for my teen for a birthday/fathers day present, but they at cocmats have questions.

#1, they say that the 914 doesn't have floor attachments where as my 1974 914 clearly has them and my original mats have the grommets. So I measured them up, no big deal.

#2 the length of the passenger mat is 26-3/4", is this correct? As it would only go up the foot rest a couple of inches

#3 the drivers also only goes a few inches up the pedal board is this OK?

#4 is I will be adding GT cooler lines in the future, do they protrude onto the drivers floor? Could I tuck the mat under the future line?

Lastly although I also have a stock carpet and pedal board I also have an aluminum board I've never installed. Would this be better with the mat tucked under the board? Or if I go this route lay the mat over top?

Right now I'm thinking I should get them to send me templates, they emailed templates but I have no way to print them out full size.

914-Kazoo

Last year I ordered CocaMats for my 73 914, 2.0.

So I Measured the passenger side and the larger B2 (20 3/8 x 34 5/8) design will work.

My car has no floor attachments. Mats arrived and fit like a glove, very happy with the fit.

Good luck, they really look good.
fixer34
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jun 7 2021, 10:38 PM) *

I bought a set of cocomats for mine close to 40 years ago. They even have a Porsche logo on them (not sure how legit it is...). I'll take pictures when I get back home in a couple days. And they did go over the existing mats.

My 'set', even though it is one piece. Easily 35 yrs old and been in the car all that time. Sits on top of the original mats, isn't held in by anything except the floorwell edges and around the shifter. There is a cutout for the heat lever, but not the -6 hand throttle (that hides under the center section.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
wonkipop
[/quote]
My 'set', even though it is one piece. Easily 35 yrs old and been in the car all that time. Sits on top of the original mats, isn't held in by anything except the floorwell edges and around the shifter. There is a cutout for the heat lever, but not the -6 hand throttle (that hides under the center section.

[/quote]

nice.
fitted sets for 914 did exist.
interesting touch how they extend up and around the pedals.

the ones i have in mine must be 911 or 356 mats.
i bought it off the first owner (belonged to his wife and she had died - another story, why the car was laid up in 1989 when i got hold of it). he said everything in the car came from the dealer (capital porsche audi).
they are this pattern (image off google). same natural fibre look as yours. but way more worn out on top surface. no rubber backing. just a heel pad. dealer must have thrown in a set on the shelves. it was only a 74 1.8 so they probably didn't think twice.

i'm thinking since i'm rhd now (with pretty much mirror footwells) i might just order a set of rhd 911 mats in from cocomats in the USA, they ought to fit and reproduce the original "capital porsche-audi couldn't care less attitude".

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.