Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Alternator Option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
What's the best current choice for alternator? Any advantages of having my Bosch unit rebuilt (and where)?
bdstone914
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 7 2021, 07:59 PM) *

What's the best current choice for alternator? Any advantages of having my Bosch unit rebuilt (and where)?

I have two freshly rebuilt alternators. It you have trusted shop get yours rebuilt.
Dont use a commerical rebuild.
930cabman
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 7 2021, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 7 2021, 07:59 PM) *

I have two freshly rebuilt alternators. It you have trusted shop get yours rebuilt.
Dont use a commerical rebuild.

+1 on having it rebuilt locally. Here in Buffalo, NY we had a few rebuilders, but now we need to drive 45 minutes to Batavia. Shop local and deal with a person instead of a computer screen. I just had an alternator rebuilt, looks like new and performs great, $120.00
Cairo94507
What they have said 100%. Take your alternator to a shop that will rebuild it and return it. Same goes for the starter. It seems the ones you buy rebuilt from retail outlets are just junk. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.