Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a emission tag in the front trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
I’m looking at buying a 72 from out of state ,coming to California.I realize no smog required, but is the tag in trunk on side of light box a emission description. I think ca may require it
windforfun
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jun 8 2021, 01:57 PM) *

I’m looking at buying a 72 from out of state ,coming to California.I realize no smog required, but is the tag in trunk on side of light box a emission description. I think ca may require it

Which trunk? What do you mean by a light box? Headlight housing? My "73 didn't come with one & CA couldn't have cared less. They just wanted 10 % of the purchase amount to get the car registered.
rosenfe
The tag the dmv may want is in door jam. It says car meets all federal laws. Not in trunk sorry
Maltese Falcon
I've never seen a USA emissions sticker in 914 trunks.
If your's survived the ages it would be affixed to the lower Driver-side corner of the windshield. A clear sticker with very small-case black printing. Another (VW logo) emissions white vinyl sticker ( red lettering) was in the engine compartment near the knock-out areas for the 9146 oil tank. Most of these stckers are gone in the wind ! Cali only wants the sales tax revenue on '75 or earlier 914s. 1976 you get to find a smog shop for a dose of red tape, to bring along to the DMV biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jun 8 2021, 01:57 PM) *

To answer the question, no.

As the Maltese Falcon said, Emissions labels were located on the drivers side engine bay on the sidewall above the relay board. Certain model year CA-market cars had an additional clear label on the windshield. 1975-76 models had a drivers door jamb label indicating a required cat converter or not.

Examples of these labels are on my Classic 914 website at the link in my sig below.
euro911
Just present a bill of sale from the seller that claims the car was a gift happy11.gif
wonkipop
as mr b and maltese falcon say - all there is - if still there. 74. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.