Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: Pinch Bolt for Early Strut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
EDIT: I found a bolt that will work for now. Thanks for the replies beerchug.gif

The replacement strut I'm installing on HOWARD is missing the pinch bolt to secure the ball joint. Anybody have a spare one laying around?
mskala
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 9 2021, 02:38 PM) *

The replacement strut I'm installing on HOWARD is missing the pinch bolt to secure the ball joint. Anybody have a spare one laying around?

If I didn't lose them, I have a box of new ones. Will check stash when I get home.
914Sixer
Standard 12.9 bolt
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 9 2021, 06:46 PM) *

Standard 12.9 bolt

Coarse thread
mskala
I found the box. Also confirmed looking at Pelican. The proper bolt is M10 x 30mm, grade 10.9 (though higher is not a problem).
If you can't get that at a local hardware store I can send you a pair.
euro911
I found a 10x30mm stainless bolt in my stash that will do the trick for now. I just needed to get the ball joint clamped in so the car can get winched up onto a trailer. When the other repairs are done, I have a pair of 'late' struts earmarked for installation.

Thanks for all the replies, guys beerchug.gif
mepstein
Yea, it’s good to have extra suspension parts to make a tub a roller.
euro911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 18 2021, 12:13 PM) *
Yea, it’s good to have extra suspension parts to make a tub a roller.

In retrospect, I should have kept those trailing arms that I sent your way, Mark laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.