Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-jet to carb fuel pump wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I am going to be initially running a newly rebuilt engine on carbs instead of the L-jet and need to get the fuel pump set up for that.

Can I use the stock wiring for the pump?

I think I need to have a work around since the AFM won't be installed.

Can anyone shed some light on a good way to accomplish this.
930cabman
+1, thanks to Andy. make sure your fuel supply is in the 3 - 4 psi range for carbs.
jmargush
Awesome,
thanks
jmargush
If you wire it as in Sir Andy's How To, does that keep the pump form running if the engine dies?
ejm
The fuel pump how to thread works with cars that had D-jet. A separate relay was used with L-jet and those cars would need relays installed on the board.

If you wire it as in Sir Andy's How To, does that keep the pump form running if the engine dies?

The pump will run as long as the key is on.
bdstone914
QUOTE(ejm @ Jun 11 2021, 04:43 AM) *

The fuel pump how to thread works with cars that had D-jet. A separate relay was used with L-jet and those cars would need relays installed on the board.

The pump will run as long as the key is on.

@jmargush
Correct.

Add a relay into the socket second from the end of the board closest to the rear of the car.
jmargush
Is there an easy way to signal the pump to shut off if the engine dies while the key is on?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.