Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Carrera front suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
Bilstein struts, 911 A arms with torsion bars, aluminum S calipers, under body mount sway bar, Carrera hubs (not shown) and aluminum crossmember. All parts are in good, rebuildable and restorable core condition. They were stored in a loft in Huston, Texas (not a humid east coast junkyard). $1,995 + ship. Email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net to purchase.

Shivers
Wow, awesome..Why are these not gone already. That's what dreams are made of right there.
Superhawk996
wub.gif

If I hadn't just powder coated my /4 suspension struts, A-Arms, etc., and already have an aluminum x-member from Mark previously, this would be even harder to resist.
PaulFV8
Email sent. Thanks
mepstein
Pending to Paul

I do have duplicates of most of these parts except for the S calipers, in case someone is looking for individual 5 lug items.
HIPPIEKILLER
What is the adventage of the aluminum cross member?

Is it mandatory for sway bar?

If so, do you have another?

Thanks!
mepstein
QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Jun 12 2021, 09:31 AM) *

What is the adventage of the aluminum cross member?

Is it mandatory for sway bar?

If so, do you have another?

Thanks!

Porsche used an aluminum crossbar in their 911 race cars in the 70's and at some point, moved to the aluminum piece in the production cars. It's about 7 lbs lighter. The sway bar is an underbody bar as compared to the through body bar. Similar story to above. I think the underbody bar is easier to remove and replace but probably not as adjustable as a through the body bar. It doesn't require you to cut holes in the body but you do need the correct mounting pieces on your A arms.

The aluminum cross member is usually available for $200-300. You will need two support straps that attach separately and ether make or use a 911 style protective cover.

I'm not saying one type of sway bar is better than another or this is an upgrade from a steel crossbar. It's what was used on the Carrera suspension and makes sense to sell as a (mostly) complete kit.

HIPPIEKILLER
Thanks for the response Mark. I do have already the under body sway bar, torsion bars and control arms with the loop. Where can I find those two support straps?
914werke
HERE is some imagery for that sway bar setup smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Jun 12 2021, 02:59 PM) *

Thanks for the response Mark. I do have already the under body sway bar, torsion bars and control arms with the loop. Where can I find those two support straps?

They are sold new from the usual sources or you can WTB on pelican. I also heard from one guy who removed a set from an old steel crossbar but I’m not really suggesting that. I had also heard that Bruce Stone made up a bunch but I’m not sure. You’d have to ask him. There are 3 parts. The flat strap, the semicircle metal bushing holder and the bushing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.