Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 911 ‘68 2.0 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PorscheGo
Porsche '68 Base 911 2.0 Engine LongBlock, 3380353 901/17 15126. $9,750.00.

Engine was in good running condition when removed from 911 and placed into storage for a few years. Originally installed in a '68 911Carbureted Sportmatic, and at one point has been modified with an MFI cam. Performed a basic inspection and cleaning, installed 2 new chain tensioner cover gaskets, washers, and nuts. Engine turning freely at crank pulley.

Original points and distributor are original from last running period, all spark plugs show an even burn throughout. Factory Base '68 911 heads with 32mm intake/exhaust ports, installed with manifolds 38mm port(top). No Flywheel installed.

Based on previous owners history it could potentially be a nice running engine by simply installing the intake/exhaust/flywheel. Great for 914 conversion.
Can also serve as a good base to build high compression racing engine.

Representation of the condition is limited to the previous owners description, this is an as-is sale with no guarantees implied. No returns or refunds after purchase.

Buyers responsible for any Freight Shipping costs.

Email for additional images, limited uploads allowed here.

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Is it aluminum or magnesuim ?
Perhaps a pic of the bottom ?
live free & drive
3380148 was the beginning of the mag cases for the 901/17 according to Grady Clay
rgalla9146
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Jun 13 2021, 10:55 AM) *

3380148 was the beginning of the mag cases for the 901/17 according to Grady Clay

Nice reference, visited Gradys place waaay back when on a cross country trip.
brant
I miss Grady

I took him on a 28 hour road trip to a race track for a weekend.
he would read papers he was writing out loud to me in the car
always about details of porsche parts and technical changes.
PorscheGo
Magnesium case, late '68 production. Many images available, please contact for email. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=796
983]
PorscheGo
Price drop, $9,000.00.
mepstein
Still a lot of money for a core 2.0 long block without leak down numbers.
PorscheGo
Leakdown this week. Nice work, off to eBay.
Tdskip
I bought a complete 2.4L running for less than that, with leak down ahead of purchase. To each their own but I'd suggest the issue isn't with the forum here...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.