Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommendations greatly appreciated.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahycaramba
Hello amigos!
As I approach the home stretch of my 5 year project I find the little things left take so long to complete and available time to complete it scares . This Is where any recommendations would be appreciated.
I did a resto-mod on my teener with suspension remove in the process. I have new tires on it now and don't want to waist them driving to the alignment shop far away.
Can anybody recommend a alignment shop in Riverside county specifically Murrieta area. Thanks in advance,

Al
Maltese Falcon
You could check around on Yelp for a decent front-end/ alignment shop; some Porsche dealerships even have newer computerized alignment racks.
Our go to shop is in Torrance (Johnson's Alignment)
1 and Done ! (Call Steve). Sometimes just "Get 'er on a flatbed" to the right place, save the headache with a sub par shop.
BTW, your auto insurance might have a towing plan already in effect smile.gif
mlindner
Just put a board on the side of the two front tires, Measure with a tape measure and adjust the tie-rod so the measurements front of tire compared to back of tire are close to the same. Zero toe, then you can drive it anywhere for a good alignment. Best, Mark
ahycaramba
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 12 2021, 09:55 PM) *

You could check around on Yelp for a decent front-end/ alignment shop; some Porsche dealerships even have newer computerized alignment racks.
Our go to shop is in Torrance (Johnson's Alignment)
1 and Done ! (Call Steve). Sometimes just "Get 'er on a flatbed" to the right place, save the headache with a sub par shop.
BTW, your auto insurance might have a towing plan already in effect smile.gif

I'm all about the "One and Done!". Thanks Marty for the recommendation & tip beerchug.gif . I'll be giving Steve a call.

Al
ahycaramba
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 13 2021, 03:43 AM) *

Just put a board on the side of the two front tires, Measure with a tape measure and adjust the tie-rod so the measurements front of tire compared to back of tire are close to the same. Zero toe, then you can drive it anywhere for a good alignment. Best, Mark

Thanks for the alignment tip, Mark. I was really hoping to find a shop nearby using your advise. It seems there are no alignment shops near to where I live that anybody can recommend. looks like AAA will be hearing from me soon.
Thanks
beerchug.gif
Al
76-914
I've been using Barney's in Temecula for the last 5 years. They don't make appointments so be there early. They've done 3 914's for me. They also do "Road Force Balancing" but remove your center caps from your Fuch's if you want that service too. beerchug.gif
ahycaramba
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 14 2021, 09:18 PM) *

I've been using Barney's in Temecula for the last 5 years. They don't make appointments so be there early. They've done 3 914's for me. They also do "Road Force Balancing" but remove your center caps from your Fuch's if you want that service too. beerchug.gif

I know exactly where that is, I just passed by on the way from picking up some parts at Precision Powder Coating 3 doors driveways down. Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.