Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
Click to view attachment

The Pumpkin is 1970. She has the center defrost vent. I need to change that vent as I broke it. I got the dash pad off. Looking at the inside about how many screws/bolts do I need to find to take out the dash as that is the only way to replace that stinking vent. I am also going to apply new dash material from 914 rubber along with new material for the front of dash where guages and switches are.

Thanks guys and gals

mepstein
I’m pretty sure you access it from the front trunk. Remove the air box to get at the two bolts or screws that hood it in place. Not a fun job.

I can take a pic of the area in my parts car if it helps.
windforfun
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 12 2021, 06:53 PM) *

I’m pretty sure you access it from the front trunk. Remove the air box to get at the two bolts or screws that hood it in place. Not a fun job.

agree.gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 12 2021, 06:53 PM) *

A Pic would be wonderful. But oh shit don't want to take air box out again! I see the bolts coming thru. Oh boy more fun.

Thanks for info.
bdstone914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jun 12 2021, 06:46 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The Pumpkin is 1970. She has the center defrost vent. I need to change that vent as I broke it. I got the dash pad off. Looking at the inside about how many screws/bolts do I need to find to take out the dash as that is the only way to replace that stinking vent. I am also going to apply new dash material from 914 rubber along with new material for the front of dash where guages and switches are.

Thanks guys and gals

Access is from inside of the car but nearly impossible without removing the sash frame. Held in by two flat head screws.

@hndyhrr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.