Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery Blown Fuse #9 on 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Movin6
Just buttoned up the valve covers after checking the valves. While checking the dwell the fuse #9 blew, it powers the dash instruments, and charging warning lamp.

The dwell meter was connected with an alligator clip at the Marelli distributor base, + and - 12 from the battery, now relocated in the front trunk. I don't see how an inadvertent short to ground of the dwell clip could have caused this. Ideas?

Will check ohms before replacing.
Movin6
So I suspect I connected / misconnected the starter solenoid wire. I pulled it odd when I drained the oil, to prevent starting before adding oil after valve adjust.

Could this be causing my blown #9 fuse?

The car starts, but blows the fuse...
fixer34
QUOTE(Movin6 @ Jun 13 2021, 11:50 AM) *

So I suspect I connected / misconnected the starter solenoid wire. I pulled it odd when I drained the oil, to prevent starting before adding oil after valve adjust.

Could this be causing my blown #9 fuse?

The car starts, but blows the fuse...

According to the wiring diagram I have, fuse 9 on the -6 controls the hazard light flasher and the main light switch. do the gauges go out or just the dash lights?
Movin6
Duh! Backup light connector was dangling, shorting out on exhaust..
fixer34
QUOTE(Movin6 @ Jun 13 2021, 02:48 PM) *

Is this a conversion, or did you install a side-shifter?
Movin6
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jun 13 2021, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Movin6 @ Jun 13 2021, 02:48 PM) *

Is this a conversion, or did you install a side-shifter?

The previous owner converted to side shift. I rebuilt it recently at a Dr. Evil workshop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.