Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
peweesboy
Hello, I'm a newbie. I just pulled my '73 1.7 from 30 years' storage. I bought the car in 1980 had little info about it's past. Anyway, I'm looking at orange rear shocks with a large rubber bushing at the spring base. The front struts have a protective glop on them (like much of the undercarriage) that prevents a color ID. The top nut appears to be orange, though. Any ideas? Thanks. Rich
SirAndy
Hard to tell from the description. Can you post some pics?
idea.gif
914Sixer
Grey Boge shocks were stock. Aftermarket Boge shocks were black. Your orange ones are Boge TS gas shocks. They were the hot upgrade.
rgolia
mulhollands were orange. I guess they are also known as boge mulholland? I put them on my teener in the late 70s. Lasted forever. Very stiff ride.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 6 2021, 02:06 PM) *

mulhollands were orange. I guess they are also known as boge mulholland? I put them on my teener in the late 70s. Lasted forever. Very stiff ride.

I agree, smells like Mulhollands. Never heard they were Boge's in disguise before
mepstein
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 6 2021, 02:06 PM) *

I had a set on two cars that I purchased. They were pretty dead by the time I got them.
Shivers
My car was 10 when I got it. It had some old looking orange colored shocks. But they were Koni's. Not sure if that was a factory add on or if the original owner had put them on.
914Sixer
Here is an Boge orange 911 rear. Also you can go to Asse Porsche and see a 914 rear set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.