Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: factory a/c?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
peweesboy
This is a question similar to robkammer's but I didn't care to hijack his thread. I had his questions as well but also I wonder about the effect of the big hole under the trunk of my '73 1.7, vis-a-vis handling and body rigidity. Does anyone know if a sway bar can be added to the front end with the a/c condensor in place? I may just let that sleeping dog lie. Thanks. Rich
Bullethead
The front sway bar is installed above the suspension and steering rack (under the fuel tank) so couldn't interfere. I don't know how much, but some torsional rigidity might be lost, so reinforcing with bar stock in the way it's done for a GT oil cooler couldn't hurt.
SirAndy
QUOTE(peweesboy @ Jun 13 2021, 10:47 AM) *
factory a/c?

There's no such thing as factory AC, they were all dealer installed.
shades.gif

PS: welcome.png
peweesboy
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Jun 13 2021, 02:32 PM) *

The front sway bar is installed above the suspension and steering rack (under the fuel tank) so couldn't interfere. I don't know how much, but some torsional rigidity might be lost, so reinforcing with bar stock in the way it's done for a GT oil cooler couldn't hurt.

Gotcha. Thanks for the tip!
peweesboy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 13 2021, 02:37 PM) *

QUOTE(peweesboy @ Jun 13 2021, 10:47 AM) *
factory a/c?

There's no such thing as factory AC, they were all dealer installed.
shades.gif

PS: welcome.png

I appreciate the info. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.