Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine bay harness measurement needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
Hello Folks!

I’m working on a new engine harness for my ITB and Megasquirt setup and are in need of height confirmation of the original ECU plug.

I’m planning to use a original ECU case and install the MS2 board in it, with a intermediate connector.

My assumption is that the original harness lays on top of the air tin and the connector’s height is more or less as pictured. It’s been way too long since I took the car apart.

Hence, I will terminate the new harness within reach of the original harness.

Can someone please confirm the original harness position and possibly measure the height from the tin to the top of the ECU?

Thanks a bunch!
dc

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
The top edge of the ECU is flush with the bracket that is welded to the battery tray.
You may want to consider mounting the ecu in the trunk om the wall that separetes the engine and trunk where it is away from the engine heat. The stock harness is long enough to do that.
cary
My .02c.
We did that on Matt's MicroSquirt. It got real crowded in that corner. Had a tough time seating the GIANT harness connector.
Haven't had a MegaSquirt connector in my hands so might not be an issue. We were using the DubShop kit.
draganc
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 14 2021, 07:49 AM) *

My .02c.
We did that on Matt's MicroSquirt. It got real crowded in that corner. Had a tough time seating the GIANT harness connector.
Haven't had a MegaSquirt connector in my hands so might not be an issue. We were using the DubShop kit.

Interesting! Could you please share some pictures?
I really like DubShop’s stuff.

I understand that that location is not ideal but I do
like the idea of the original look a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.