Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta little leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I noticed a week or so ago that my car had become comfortable enough living in the garage that it has decided to mark it's territory. Finally got under it today and found out it's the o-ring for the speedo drive. Anybody know what size it is so I can go pick one up. Bug shop closes at noon and of course the Porsche dealer will not pay overtime to keep it's parts department open on Saturdays.

Thanks for your continued support. wink.gif
Aaron Cox
i may have a spare... lemme take a lookey....

BTW - they have a porsche dealer in bakersfield? they must sell tractors unsure.gif laugh.gif
McMark
If the PET was Mac compatible I would look it up. wink.gif
Demick
QUOTE (McMark @ Jul 23 2005, 12:05 PM)

If the Mac was PC compatible you could look it up! biggrin.gif
Allan
QUOTE (McMark @ Jul 23 2005, 12:05 PM)

I have it on disc but mine only covers the shifting mechanism. Tranny is not in it. blink.gif
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif

laugh.gif Demick!

M
Aaron Cox
radial sealing ring 999 113 036 50

or

O ring
999 701 051 50
brp914
get yourself a whole tranny gasket set for ~$50 so you can have all this stuff on hand, and save some $ in the long run. You'll use it all up eventually.
Allan
QUOTE (brp914 @ Jul 23 2005, 12:48 PM)
get yourself a whole tranny gasket set for ~$50 so you can have all this stuff on hand, and save some $ in the long run. You'll use it all up eventually.

It has all new seals. I was kind of afraid this would happen. I used an o-ring out of a universal kit I had at the office. Didn't fit quite right when I put it in...
Joe Bob
Ever get the alternator straightened out?
Allan
YES..............
macpro
QUOTE (McMark @ Jul 23 2005, 02:05 PM)

Mac ...well it is all compatible. It's 1s and 0s aint it? Get the teminal window open and hook it up.

smilie_pokal.gif
bd1308
mac's traditionally use something called BINHEX for thier data, ie 1,0 and letters A-F for the data.

the file has two forks too....a data fork and a resource fork.

that's why mac's automatically know which file is which without a extension....before OS X there were no file extensions.

with that being said, it should work.
MattR
I have the same leak and I did a search on the site here and found redbeard saying "use form a gasket" (permatex 3H). Thats what Im going to do when I get a few minutes.
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif I have a completely leak free car. No leaks fom valvecovers, pushrod tubes, speedo drive, main seals, oil cooler, taco plate, output shaft, oil pressure sender, shift seal, or case.

Wonder how long it'll last. dry.gif
ClayPerrine
Now that you said that you jinxed it. You will go home today and find a BIG puddle of oil under your car.....

(SHHHH...be quiet.. the 914 is listening.....) biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Till the next fire hydrant.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.