Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Four original Formula Vee wheels (SOLD)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GeorgeKopf
Sold to a Ghia owner from TheSamba.

I'm selling a set of Formula Vee wheels. They are the precursor to the Riviera wheel.

I'm dropping the price to $250 and have already posted them on TheSamba.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2478913

They are in great shape with very minor scuffing and normal wear and tear that you would expect for a 50 year old wheel that has been sitting under a tarp for several decades. Every wheel is marked with "PLM" and "11501".

Shipping will probably be between $20 to $30 per wheel ($80 - $120).
Local pickup is available in Princeton NJ.

Thanks.

George

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Those appear to be early Rivera wheels which should have the correct offset for a 914. Most of them have the VW offset which limits tire size.
GeorgeKopf
I measured twice and calculated and then converted ....
Outside width is 5 7/8 inches
Inside width is 5 inches.
Back spacing is 4 inches.
Centerline is 2 1/2 inches.

The offset is -1 1/2 inches = -38mm

I think!

George
914sgofast2
Those are called “Formula Vee” wheels. They came first, and were copied by the Riviera Wheels which have a slightly raised plateau area on each spoke to evade infringing the design copyright. Very popular on VW Bugs and Type 3’s; less so on 914’s. You will probably have a better chance of selling them by placing an ad on the Samba website. The 914 community seems to a lot of distain for these Formula Vee and Riviera style wheels.
GeorgeKopf
Bump. Price drop to $250.
brant
I wish you were closer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.