Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Florida - recommendation for Machine Shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanpaulmc
Any Florida or Southeast folks out there that can recommend a shop in Florida or even the Southeast that will inspect and recondition a set of Type 4 heads?

Looking for a quality recommendation. Perhaps Tampa or Miami?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Bullethead
Troysport is an excellent race shop in your back yard that can do what you're asking.

407-297-7733

3838 Commerce Loop
Orlando, Florida 32808-3818

http://www.troysport.com/
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Jun 16 2021, 08:09 PM) *

Troysport is an excellent race shop in your back yard that can do what you're asking.

407-297-7733

3838 Commerce Loop
Orlando, Florida 32808-3818

http://www.troysport.com/

Thank you, Russ.
I will check them out today!

-Sean
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Jun 16 2021, 05:03 PM) *

Any Florida or Southeast folks out there that can recommend a shop in Florida or even the Southeast that will inspect and recondition a set of Type 4 heads?

Looking for a quality recommendation. Perhaps Tampa or Miami?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Eagle Automotive Machine in Atlanta cam very highly recommended from someone that used them for 911 heads and other aircooled porsche ans vw heads. Mine are there now, so as soon as i hear back on their condition and repairability i will post. at the very least my #3 intake seat had come loose, so if the heads are found to not have major cracks, etc , we will have new seats guides etc etc. i shipped mine up their from SC, $50 UPS. if you have a trustworthy shop close you can save on those shipping costs. I should know more tomorrow, they had them cleaned up and disassembled today.
Good luck! are you doing anything with your cylinder and pistons?
Phil
seanpaulmc
@Bullethead , thanks for the connection.
I met Sid today and dropped off my 2.0L heads with him.
Yes, that is quite the race shop! He is certainly a wealth of information and there were a lot of excellent classic air cooled Porches there.

@DRPHIL914 I appreciate the Atlanta recommendation. I'll hold onto that one too!
I have been following your thread on the dropped seat knowing I needed to tear mine down. I didn't want to find that not knowing the condition of this engine. I hope yours get fixed in short order and you get back on the road.

I am still in the process of tearing mine apart to assess condition. I need to have the yolk for the engine stand drilled so I can mount it. Once I can get the block off the furniture dolly then I'll examine the cam and lifters and decide if I 'need' to split the case.

I am hoping I don't have to and I can put this back together as a 2056 with the D-jet and perhaps have it running by some event coming up in September. Gotta dream big! I already have the 96mm jugs and just need to source the KB pistons to go with it. But if the bottom end is bad, then all bets are off.

Cheers,
Sean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.