Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Wheel for spare
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Sea Rooster
I'm looking for a 15 x 5.5 / 4 lug wheel for my car. I'm not sure what it came with from the factory but I was thinking a Fuch would fit the bill. If a Fuch is not available a steelie will work.

Doesn't have to be perfect but it needs to be round.

Shipping is to 37067
drem914
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Jun 17 2021, 11:32 AM) *

I'm looking for a 15 x 5.5 / 4 lug wheel for my car. I'm not sure what it came with from the factory but I was thinking a Fuch would fit the bill. If a Fuch is not available a steelie will work.

Shipping is to 37067

I have a stellie with tire still installed, but I'm not sure you want to pay for shipping from 92630. I can send you a photo later this evening.
mepstein
If you are using a steel wheel as a spare and running alloys on the car, make sure you have 4 short lug bolts with the spare. The longer bolts for alloy wheels will hit the brake rotor if you try to use them on a steel wheel. I realized this in my driveway but better than learning it on the road.
Sea Rooster
Excellent advice!

Makes me want a Fuchs even more.

There's got to be one out there!
Mark Henry
A beetle wheel can be had for dirt cheap
dt4
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 18 2021, 01:14 PM) *

A beetle wheel can be had for dirt cheap

roll one over this way biggrin.gif
I am continuously looking for one over this side of the pond
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Jun 17 2021, 04:17 PM) *

Excellent advice!

Makes me want a Fuchs even more.

There's got to be one out there!

The 914s with alloys all came with 5 alloy wheels from the factory. Wes Hildreth told me that the dealer used to have one of the porters go take the spare out of 4 914s with alloy wheels, and put them on a 914 with steel wheels. Then take the steel wheels and put them back in the ones that came with alloys as spares. That way they could get more markup on the steel wheeled cars. mad.gif

Single Fuchs are out there. Just keep looking.

914ltd
I have a good, straight 914 Fuchs alloy wheel. They were included in the appearance group in 1973 only and optional later. This one has some rash, they can look a lot better with some sanding in the damaged area. $180. with ship. I also have an original Fuchs spare with a Dunlop SP57 OE tire in great but ancient condition. These tires were dangerous in the wet when they were new I can attest. The wheel is in better condition than the above wheel. $260. plus ship Brad
Sea Rooster
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jun 18 2021, 05:59 PM) *

I have a good, straight 914 Fuchs alloy wheel. They were included in the appearance group in 1973 only and optional later. This one has some rash, they can look a lot better with some sanding in the damaged area. $180. with ship. I also have an original Fuchs spare with a Dunlop SP57 OE tire in great but ancient condition. These tires were dangerous in the wet when they were new I can attest. The wheel is in better condition than the above wheel. $260. plus ship Brad

PM sent
TA356A
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Jun 17 2021, 11:32 AM) *

Shipping is to 37067

I've got 2, one decent, the other rusted, but cleanable.Click to view attachment. Found these in my shop from and old 914 project i had years ago. let me know if your interested. thx, ta
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.