Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
dhuckabay
The dash on my 1970 6 is brick mold. Door panels are flat. Was told that the door panels were to match. Is this right?

If it is has anyone had experience with the 914 Rubber kit that covers the existing? Any other thoughts on getting the door panels to brick if needed.

Thanks.
John
mepstein
No. door panels are smooth on the early cars. Real early 70 had 2 piece door panels.
dhuckabay
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 18 2021, 05:09 AM) *

No. door panels are smooth on the early cars. Real early 70 had 2 piece door panels.

Thanks

Will know the next time a judge tells me that.
mepstein
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Jun 18 2021, 09:26 AM) *

Thanks

I’ll be at my house later today and post a shot of the 70 material. I never know about the 2 piece panel until I purchased a 70 parts car.
71 was 1 year old elephant hide upholstery but brick mold dash face. Your judge needs to read up. biggrin.gif
dhuckabay
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 18 2021, 06:29 AM) *

QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Jun 18 2021, 09:26 AM) *

Thanks

I’ll be at my house later today and post a shot of the 70 material. I never know about the 2 piece panel until I purchased a 70 parts car.
71 was 1 year old elephant hide upholstery but brick mold dash face. Your judge needs to read up. biggrin.gif

This site is great for the info. Car placed well even with this ding. Can't wait for this bit of trivia to pop up again. Had a 1975 911 in also, placed above the 914. Judge made some comments and backed off when I told him I was the only owner. They were nice guys, will do the same show next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.