Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Here's some pictures of my 914/6 exhaust system after getting them back from the ceramic coaters.

ClayPerrine
Closeup of the LH heat exchanger. You can see the scab patch I welded on to fix the hole. These came from a six that had a motor grenade the left bank.

ClayPerrine
And the right one. This one shows the fitting that is on some replacement 914/6 heat exchangers. It was fitted for the MFI heater. I suspect that these were started into production so they would be available for the 916, and then they ended up in the replacement parts bin when the project was canceled. Lucky for me it has it, otherwise I would have to fabricate one.

ClayPerrine
The rear suspension pieces laid out on my garage floor.

type47fan
smilie_pokal.gif It's a joy watchin' these cars come back to life!

Great job!
macpro
Clay,
Great pix of the stuff! Lots of $$$ to make them just right! Remember, i'm ready to video the rollout of your 5 year project. Have you install that brake part?

Greg
olav

Looking good!

smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
Ceramic coater local? Details please.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Gint @ Jul 24 2005, 08:03 PM)
Ceramic coater local? Details please.

Quality Powder Coating in Carrolton, TX. He is the same guy who did Larry's powdercoated valve covers for the Germanator. I took the suspension parts there to get the powdercoated and saw the headers they had on display.

The only beef I had with them was when I found out that they had powdercoated in the rear wheel bearing bore. But 23 minutes with a acetalyne torch removed the powderocating.

Gint, you wanting yours done? I can do the shipping and receiving thing for you.

Got the suspension and brakes on and installed. Update picts soon.

Dave_Darling
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
ClayPerrine
Had you not wussed out on the ramble you could have seen it and ridden in it too.......

Dave.. I am going to need a navigator for the rally at the ramble.....
i love porsche
ooo those parts are purty..makes me happy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.