Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas coming out my exhaust pipes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trippin
Need some help. I hadn’t nt started my 914 in about a year and a half. When I went to start it today it didn’t want to fire up. After numerous attempts if would fire up and run for about a second and cut off. After doing that a dozen times. I noticed a pool of gas which appeared to come out of my tail pipes. It’s a 1.8l with dual carbs. Just looking for some suggestions as to what might be cause the gas to come out the tail pipes.

Thanks in advance
Tripp
JOEPROPER
Will probably need to go thru the carbs. Old gas causes carburetor problems. Float, needle and seat...
930cabman
Needle valve stuck open? Float stuck?
tvdinnerbythepool
I 3rd the float. Had the same issue with my Generator. That came out of the exhaust and also filled up the crank case. Pulled the dipstick to check oil level and got a shot a gasoline in my face! Lol!

Good luck with the fix and get driving that thing! beerchug.gif
euro911
agree.gif ... sounds like you're dumping raw fuel into the cylinders due to the needle valve(s) sticking open and over-filling the float bowl(s).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.