Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Praise of Spokeworks LED Tail Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Timex used to have a commercial with the tag line "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

Well, the LED taillights Spoke sells live up to the Timex tag line.

When Betty's 914 got hit, I turned on the flashers. The right tail light box was folded under. But I could see red light coming out of the small gap.

We finally pulled it apart the other day, and I got the Spokeworks LED boards out of it.

Only one damaged board.

Almost folded in two....
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Some LEDs were torn completely off.
Click to view attachment

Some were crushed.
Click to view attachment

And it still works!
Click to view attachment

Yes, It is missing some of the lights, but it will still light up on both halves of the fold.

@spoke Jerry, you build a damn good product.

Two thumbs up. Will definitely buy again!

Clay
914e
Wow, good to know. I hope to never have to test it myself. I worry Spoke may have to come out with an early warning freight train horn system to wake up these idiot drivers.
Cairo94507
I have Jerry's complete set in my car including the newly designed fog lights and I love them. Best mod I have done to my car. beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 21 2021, 05:55 AM) *

I have Jerry's complete set in my car including the newly designed fog lights and I love them. Best mod I have done to my car. beerchug.gif

^ High praise indeed, in the case of your car Michael. wub.gif

Count me as another very satisfied customer, and Clay your post is interesting as I was considering ordering a second set as a "just in case" for the future. The photos above have me thinking that may be unnecessary, but I may still do so at some point if for no other reason to support Jerry's business. I remain very impressed with his product, and his customer service too.

mrholland2
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 20 2021, 06:12 PM) *

Timex used to have a commercial with the tag line "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

Well, the LED taillights Spoke sells live up to the Timex tag line.

When Betty's 914 got hit, I turned on the flashers. The right tail light box was folded under. But I could see red light coming out of the small gap.

We finally pulled it apart the other day, and I got the Spokeworks LED boards out of it.

Only one damaged board.

Almost folded in two....
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Some LEDs were torn completely off.
Click to view attachment

Some were crushed.
Click to view attachment

And it still works!
Click to view attachment

Yes, It is missing some of the lights, but it will still light up on both halves of the fold.

@spoke Jerry, you build a damn good product.

Two thumbs up. Will definitely buy again!

Clay

Speaking of Froederick, . . . any progress/prognosis?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jun 21 2021, 10:38 AM) *

Speaking of Froederick, . . . any progress/prognosis?

Still in the body shop, sitting on the rotisserie. Pushed back in the corner, they had a bunch of hail damage work come in. Gotta finish up patching unneeded holes.

But they have the car where a magnet will stick everywhere. smile.gif

Clay
Cairo94507
@horizontally-opposed Thank you Pete; that is very kind of you to say. There are plenty of beautiful 914s and we all love our cars. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.