Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carerra GT Testing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
http://www.ferfolia.net/james/porsches/large/

I really like how two of the cars have those "kit-car" builder's generic taillight modules smile.gif

-Tony
Brad Roberts
Um.. all I can say is WOW.

What a lucky "chance happening"..

B
Part Pricer
I love the "Erprobungsfahrzeug" stickers on the back.
Brad Roberts
I dont get it..

He didnt speak to them about the cars ??

B
TonyAKAVW
What does that sticker mean???

Its too bad he didn't talk to them. Seems unlikely that those cars would have just been left out in the desert like that unattended. Too bad he didn't get more info.

-Tony
Brad Roberts
He probably didnt understand they are half million dollar cars. I'm willing to bet the RV or a couple of the cars in the background are support vehicles.

Damn.. how do you get that job with PCNA ??

B
Part Pricer
I don't think that they were left unattended. In one of the pictures, the door to the yellow car is open.

Erprobungsfahrzeug means "test vehicle".
silver six
I want a "test vehicle" sticker! I'm always testing.

Testing, testing, 914.

Douglas
Mueller
I'd have been giddy like a little schoolgirl seeing those out there like that wub.gif

gotta start saving up those aluminum cans again, I see my next "dream" car, LOL
ArtechnikA
i like how the silver one's already got a racer's-tape bodywork
repair :-) ...
seanery
Lucky bastage!

I would have been pimping those guys for as much info as possible!
I'm sure they were doing their "Warm Weather Testing."
Brad Roberts
I would have stolen one. My lawyer is a Porsche guy and would have bailed me out for free...LOL.

B
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 22 2003, 10:02 AM)
I'm sure they were doing their "Warm Weather Testing."

Warm Weather Testing they can do in North Africa. it's hard to find -235' elevation outside Death Valley. but it's nice that they can do it all in one place...

that and the fact that they can be at 9500' in a couple of hours' drive...
Eric Taylor
How Lucky! I get giddy when I see a GT2 smile.gif
TonyAKAVW
Hehe. I just noticed the CB antennas on the roofs. Thats probably the last time you'll see a CB antenna, electrical tape, and kit car tail lights on a Carrera GT smile.gif

Those plates are Georgia plates... Think George is in on this?
(I hope not)

Maybe its the secret of those 1.8S head that makes the GT so fast...
Scott Carlberg
Well those pictures certainly confirm what has been said for all these years....

Yellow Porsche are Faster smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif smilie_flagge6.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
seanery
I get excited, too when I see GT2s.

There was a guy last year at CIR PCA IRP Thunder race that had what we thought was a GT2, but it was a TT996. Still a nice car, it had all the body panels and wheels and interior crap that the GT2 had. He was playing it off as a GT2 till I asked him why he didn't have the GT2 brakes wink.gif .
Well he finally gave in and told me it was a TT HAHA! No one else caught on.
URY914
I think it is a new 914 body kit.
AA has made them, since they can't get the GT fenders out.

Paul
airsix
QUOTE(73/2.0 9fourteen @ Jul 22 2003, 10:18 AM)
How Lucky! I get giddy when I see a GT2 smile.gif

Yeah, you guys on the coast have it rough. I haven't seen another P-car in over a week. A GT-2? Not in this life. I'm lucky if I see a 912. Oh well, it just makes my 914 seem more cool. cool.gif
-Ben M.
URY914
airsix,
The local dealer here has a GT2 sitting OUTSIDE!

Paul
Brad Roberts
The first twin turbo delivered to a NorCal dealer was stolen as it sat out by the curb ready to enter the lot..LOL Carlsen tried to keep that one under wraps.

Georgia plates = Porsche Cars North America corporate head quarters (they moved from Reno several years ago) They still have a lot of the Porsche training classes in Reno.

B
Part Pricer
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jul 22 2003, 01:24 PM)
Those plates are Georgia plates...

Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) has their headquarters in Atlanta.
ninefourteener
I totally dig the rear spoiler on those cars...... looks like it retracts up and down on some kind of hydrolic actuator or something... electric maybe... whatever.

Not only would I give my left nut for any one of those.... I'd give em both- chatsmiley.gif
72Signal914
Seriously, I think I would have fainted if I saw that. I think its odd that that guy was out there and 3 of the most exotic and rare prototype cars just stroll up and park exactly where they are at. I can believe the extreme heat testing but on that day and that time, he must have gotten some info prior to, somehow. It could be just dumb-luck but I would have probably peed my pants or something.

I would have ask the guys a bunch of questions about the car but more importantly I would have asked them if I could drive it (if I had a girl there I would probably have tried to solicite her for a 5-10 sec drive in the car aktion035.gif )

Absolutle amazing looking cars and I will own one someday, mark my word, it will happen
drew365
Absolutle amazing looking cars and I will own one someday, mark my word, it will happen

Just hope that when that day comes they aren't rusted out orphans, loved only by a bunch of lonely guys hanging out at CarreraGT Club.com. beerchug.gif
Jeroen
Here's some pics I shot on october 6th 2000
This is the very same car that Walter Rohl drove through the streets of Paris
Heard the engine rev as well
SWEEEEEEEEET wub.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
second
Jeroen
third
Jeroen
fourth
redshift
I can't imagine having a mechanic call me with bad news on that thing.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.