Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Handle Lock Fit Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
I tried to transfer the lock cylinders from my original door handles to a pair of new repro handles, but the holes for the cylinders seem small.

Here is the left handle. Even after some filing of the smallest section of the hole, towards the inside, the cylinder will not seat fully.
bkrantz
And here is the other cylinder and the right side handle. The cylinder hangs up even worse.

Anyone seen this problem before? Solutions?
horizontally-opposed
Porsche Classic/Porsche handles, or aftermarket repros? (tbh, the line has become blurred…)

Just did this with a new pair from PAG through my dealer, and everything seated fine.
Mikey914
Aftermarket repros
914Sixer
Sorry you did not read up on this problem before you bought them.. Same old story people selling crap that never has been test fitted after manufacturing. The JORG made the latest batch of junk.

Get your round file out. Once you get the lock problem solved, your chrome is going to be the next item to fail.
bkrantz
Thanks, guys. I guess I can spend some quality time with my Dremel.
bandjoey
It's an experiment and I bought one from Jorg...let you know in a week when it gets here how things fit
windforfun
Bad tolerances.
Front yard mechanic
Just a guess ? Would a drill press and the right size bit work
bandjoey
So the handle did arrive today. Looks are super. Clean and good chrome. Shipped from Parts Geek. And you can see the problem

When they cast the handle, the spring loaded dirt cap was removed before measures were taken. With it on, the lock cylinder won't fit So it's not worth sending it back and looking for another (at this price) so out comes the dremel tool.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup the jorg brand has to be bored to fit the lock cylinder
we do have just the chrome base for 25 new that fits the cylinder perfectly
windforfun
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2021, 02:34 PM) *

Right on George!!!
bandjoey
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2021, 04:34 PM) *

Will you post a link to that part? thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.