Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator cable connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Need to find a seller for that piece that connects the accelerator cable to the pedal cluster.
mepstein
If you show me a pic of the part and I have it, I will send it to you.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 23 2021, 12:30 PM) *

If you show me a pic of the part and I have it, I will send with the studs.

Thanks, cars not here; IIRC the accelerator cable attaches to the pedal cluster with a ball-cup fitting that thread onto the cable end.
SO.O.C914er
Hi Jim, I believe pelican parts has this part.
Montreal914
Isn't there a pin that goes in there to ensure the socket stays on the ball?
Don914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 23 2021, 02:11 PM) *

Need to find a seller for that piece that connects the accelerator cable to the pedal cluster.

Jim, this is not related to your question but I just replaced my accelerator cable and getting the ball cup back on the ball was a bit awkward. I used hose clamp pliers and it was easy. Doesn't answer your question but might help, don't know how to place image in my reply, sorry. If Pelican does not have it, try Zims Automotive in Bedford TX

jim_hoyland
It’s been a long time since I had to clamp the cup back on; but, you are right it’s a tricky maneuver…. smile.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jun 23 2021, 08:09 PM) *

Isn't there a pin that goes in there to ensure the socket stays on the ball?

Not on 914's. There is an internal clip
The ones on G50 pedal sets do have a pin that holds them on in addition to the ring clip. They can be used on a 914 but would be difficult to install.

@Montreal914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.